Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike / headset

Options
  • 20-09-2005 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I essentially want a mike with a long lead that I can either affix to my sennheisers (chunky HD500As) or wear around my neck.
    Must have a long lead.

Alternatively recommend a decent cheap headset with a good mike that I can put around my neck.

Ideally mike would have an inbuilt wind woofle thing (foam around the mike).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Get a USB mic they dont cause any **** and just do what they meant to, doint interfere with any setups inlike normal ones which the wire is always too fcukin short.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

I got something similar to this: Microphone
    in Maplin over the weekend. Good long lead on it, quality seems to be ok....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

actually I have the exact same problem as paek.
    same make/model headphones and all.

I hate having to use crappy headsets, yet no good headphones come with built in mic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=124771&cks=PRL

great sound quality and great mic quality, been using them about 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Might just get the 150s.
    The 500As aren't actually mine, I robbed them from home so I suppose I may aswell send them back. Pity though, they're the only pair of headphones I've found that fit my head and ears perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

RapierX wrote:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=124771&cks=PRL

great sound quality and great mic quality, been using them about 6 months.

I use these aswell, quality headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I just use the crappy mic i got with the pc.I can hear people no problem and they can hear me though if thats a good thing or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

I use the 150. superb mike and a huge lead

Just ordered a Medusa from overclockers.co.uk.
    It should arrive in a few days, gonna test it out and see.

Anyone else own a pair (non-USB, rev 1/2)?
    Gonna be hooking them up to NF4 onboard first, and then SB Audigy2ZS, with Creative Inspire T7900s on the pass through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

SyxPak the Medusas are great. I have a set of them for a year now and cant fault them.

Fairy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Lidl do great ones from time to timf for like 15 yoyo and mine is great. I also have skarkoon one that cost 25 but I think the lidl one is far better sounds great and the lead is a good lenght. It also vibrates though I dont use that. You should hear the vibration when ya take off in a euro fighter and the engine kicks in.. But it gets anoying after a while so I turn it of

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=115955&cks=PRL

got a set of these free with unreal tournament 2004. still have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

can you use those logitech ones that you get with socom (ps2)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i still stand solidly by my sennheiser pc150's
    ive had them about 15 months now and they still work perfectly even with my ear shattering volume levels.

my next headset will either be 150's or the next version of them.

I've a pair of HD500As at the moment. The speakers are still in their box....

....6 months after buying them :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I have a set of Microsoft Sidewinder Game voice headsets, personally I love them, earphones + with a mike at the end.

Built by plantronics, they also come with a handy set of buttons which you can adjust for speaking to differnet groups of people or all. You can also connect your speakers to them so you only get the voice in the earphones, regular sound out of the speakers.

Not sure if you can still get them mine are maybe 3-4 years old but still work perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Think be good till have voice only on earphones & rest of sound on speakers. Annoyin tryin to adjust if wanna use em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Anyone actuallt know wher ya can get a throat mic?!

http://firefoxtechnologies.zoovy.com/

after a 0.35sec google

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

SyxPak wrote:
    Heh just ordered the commando model Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Thats what I use and it works fine... I'm not forking out 60 euro for a pair of headphones...

Advertisement