Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasure - Nightbird (Their best in years)

Options
  • 20-09-2005 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

With the new Depeche Mode coming out soon I thought it is great to listen back to some old DM and Vince Clarke stuff and Erasure's 2005 release "Nightbird" is their best album in years.

Soundwise the album is retro at times but never sounds cheesy. On the contrary - Clarke and Bell released some of their best melodies ever.

The album's artwork is worth a look as well. "Nightbird" kicks off with a down tempo stunner called 'No doubt', followed by a poppy 'Here I go impossible again' which is there current single and a Top Ten single in Canada. 'Breathe' is class although it is not the highlight on "Nightbird".

'All this time still falling out of love' possesses the best synthesizer / hook since Yayoo's 'Don't go' and the best songs on the CD are the ballads: 'I broke it all into' and 'I bet you're mad at me'.

Erasure just finished their world tour and Andy Bell is currently working on a solo album.

"Nightbird" is classic Erasure yet prooves to be a real 21st century production.

Advertisement