Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lingerie where to buy

• 20-09-2005 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Has anyone out there bought lingerie for their girlfriends??

Looking at shops around the grafton street area.

Do these shops have many blokes going into buy lingerie and how helpful are the staff and any shops people would recommend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ann Summers, La senza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

All the major department stores have huge lingerie sections. Try Clery's, Arnott's and BTs. If you go into the St. Stephen's Green shopping centre they have a Knickerbox on the first floor next to Golden Discs. Ann Summers on O'Connell Street also has a Knickerbox. Ann Summers stuff has really gone downhill so I wouldn't recommend it. It's that kind of hen party style thing. Just not nice at all anymore. M&S may seem like a strange choice but they do sometimes have some nice things. Very good quality too.

If you want something kinkier try something along the lines of Miss Fantasia's which is on one of the smaller roads parallel to Grafton Street.

It may sound obvious but make sure you know her size. Also take into account that it may not be perfect fit as some shops/brands have slightly different shapes and sizes.

As for helpfulness I feel most of the staff are quite helpful. I've never had anyone been too rude but I am a girl. I have seen quite a few guys in the lingerie departments so don't feel too worried about seeming dodgy. If you want to fit in perfectly go to Ann Summers. The staff are totally used to guys and I know they've been very helpful whenever my boyfriend has gone in by himself. Just explain what you're looking for. They'll be happy to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Cheers ladylotts.

I don't think I will go to M&S and arnotts probably go to somewhere like La Senza or knickerbox.

I have know her size so should ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

La senza and i dunno if agent provocateur have a store in Dublin, there may be one in BT but its really nice, but pricey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

read the other thread about lingerie there are a few of them :) unless of course your providing us with pictures then this is old news :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Well if you want to go all out and buy really pretty expensive sexy stuff, Susan Hunter in the Westbury Mall is the place to go. Otherwise try BT's, Chantelle, Lejaby and something elise (can't remember name xactly) are uber sexy, expensive, but worth every cent.

Now this all depends on the girls size...as some brands do not carry certain sizes,(ie nothing below a 32 or ablove 38 back or a D cup is normal for most "fashion" ranges) and as an ex-lingerie fitter please for the love of god make sure you know what her size is before you go looking for stuff, rumage thru her drawer (no puns pls) and check her bra tag sizes-and write them down! O and her undrwear too!

Next I'd try Gossard, LA Senza, triumph (occasionally have fancy stuff), La peral, panache (they had really sexy one pieces there awhile ago, love kyllie-avoid calvin klein underwear like the plague-unless your gf is a size 6 and has no boobs...just fyi, and avoid M&S...see my previous ramblings in other posts.

If you want a really really really good range of stuff to choose from, these days "house of fraiser" (Dundrum shopping centre-there's a luas at the end of grafton st..) is the place to go they have (sp) rigby and peller (drool), and a whole range of really pretty fancy things. But as for grafton st, I'd stick to BT, Susan Hunter, and La Senza (however they generally just do moldd cups, they have a poor range of non padded lacey stuff).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 OldSoak

Or buy online... www.figleaves.com - every girl's dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If youre nervous about being a lone guy in the underwear section, try and bring a female friend (a sister might be too far) along with you just to make it look like you are following her.

And yes, ann summers are good. Around christmas, i was in with a friend there for a present for my then gf (not shopping for underwear tho ;)) and the saleswoman was taking the piss out of us, and trying to trick us into saying we were a couple, but she seemed to know her stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

BT's have Agent Provocateur, but it is quite pricey (115vEur for a fairly ordinary bra and pants set). The staff are fairly good with men. Love Kylie used to be in there also. The thing to remember is that sizes can vary slightly with different brand names. You could always go lingerie shopping together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Guv

Try Victorias Secret - decent prices and good quality with flattering designs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Guv

SeeMoreBut wrote:
    Has anyone out there bought lingerie for their girlfriends??

Looking at shops around the grafton street area.

Do these shops have many blokes going into buy lingerie and how helpful are the staff and any shops people would recommend.

Very helpful - however surely you know your gf's measurements?
    Tell the assistant your gf is about her size and she might even try some on for you... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Ooh! La Senza1 my ex (when we wer 2gether) Bought me really nice lingerie from ther. They wrap it really nice n put all these little bead things in the bag 2!
    There one on Grafton st, opposite Dunnes and in Dundrum Town Centre, second floor maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

hey
    I purchased for my GF in knickerbox very impressive, not embarassing or anything and the ladies who work are very helpful, try there. Although La Senza is niiiiice :D

Advertisement