Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I learnt today...

Options
  • 20-09-2005 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

The secret lake isn't so hard to find when you have 4 hours to do it in....

The swan in the pond is an evil old bitch & holds a personal grudge against me.

It is entirely possible to get lost in the Sci. block. Repeatedly.

The food in the downstairs of the main restaurant (ha) is no better than the food upstairs, there's just less variety.

One should really buy those text books before going to the bar or funds for books suddenly get awfully depleted.

On the other hand still none the wiser as to what Q soc might be.....(& no I didn't join)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

the swan is grand, talk to kasintahan about it (is he kas now??)

Science block is easy, main lecture building surrounded by the 3 buildings, formerly chemistry, biology and physics buildings, god knows what they're called now

in the main lecture building - bottom floor = SU shop and restaurant
    - second floor = services desk/faculty offices
    - 3rd floor and aboce = lecture hall or two + other stuff....

Main restaurant = poo

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

-That carrying a textbook and a laptop in the one bag, and then taking it shopping after college, is a recipe for a sore back and shoulders.

-That I'm better than Kevok at Lumines :)

-That people seem to like my "Halo Kitty" poster on the GameSoc stand :D

-That I'm going to have to get used to early mornings... and that Diet Coke just doesn't have enough caffeine to contend with a 9am databases lecture. :o

-(yesterday, but anyways) That Science services are even bigger retards than ever before. (Lockers...and giving them out at 9am on a Monday with NO warning to anyone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Glennifer

(yesterday, but anyways) That Science services are even bigger retards than ever before. (Lockers...and giving them out at 9am on a Monday with NO warning to anyone)

Waaaait...you weren't that slightly scary girl giving out to the services ppl about lockers and how you'd had the same one for years were you?? (Yesterday...)

Nope. That's my friend Cathy.
    I'm the one who was giving out earlier because I genuinely need a big one because of the amount of TKD gear I have to carry.

(oh btw... if you've got locker 284, Cathy may stalk you...)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

They told me the Q stands for Quinn.
    (That's the commerce building up past the student bar.)
    :)

• Advertisement

I don't have a locker....Father dear is a lecturer...I just throw things at him to keep!

*hangs head* Tbh I was quite happy chatting up the guys at the stand and not knowing what Q stood for!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

-That people seem to like my "Halo Kitty" poster on the GameSoc stand :D

That poster pwned! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

Q soc is just C&E 2. They got €35k sponsorhip from Ernest & Young - daddy's money I guess.

My mate is one of the guys promoting it - he's a total lout so the parties will be poorly organised but big piss ups. Better off sticking with the 2/3 big socs (l&h, law soc and one other faculty one like eng and then a special interest) - most socs come and go - anyone remember Partysoc?

I was at the next stand and I got curious. Had to ask.

• Advertisement

...it was just such a big presence for a society that came out of nowhere.

Oh, which stand was that...?

Juggling

If I had any hand eye co-ordination (i.e. people didn't duck when I pick up anything I might consider throwing) I'd join, looks fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

-That I'm better than Kevok at Lumines :)

Hey! You've played it more than I've been able. There's only one way to truly know for sure though... buy a PSP! :D

But you *own* a PSP. Therefore you *should* be better than me at Lumines! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Ahh Q Soc, what a pile of bollocks.

Like UCD needs another C and E / B and L society to arrange yet more silly club nights.

that 35k would be better spent on emerging clubs and clubs that actually need to buy things that offer something new to students of UCD.

People do other things apart from juggling. There's poi (including the fire variety), staff (fire), diablo, devil sticks and unicycling. I've done a bit of stilt walking. Some people just sit and chat while they watch people make fools of themselves :) .
    The normal meeting time for the club is 6:00 on Mondays. Either in the Astra hall or on the patch of grass between the student centre and the sports centre. I also heard something about tomorrow in the student centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Well I was in the tent as PRO for Dutch Soc.
    "Join DutchSoc, cos we're not Q Soc"
    "Join DutchSoc, the only alternative to corporate funding".

*Shameless PimP*
    Still, we had loads of free stuff to give out and already a huge membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ive heard a lot of stories about who was funding Q soc and how much but Ive dismissed much of it. Obviously they are well funded and Earnest and young are on the shirts but is anyone here actually a committee member or is 100% certain of who and how much funding they have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Yeah I'm boycotting Q Soc for sure. It is daddy's money, aswell as Ernst and Young they're sponsored by Sherry FitzGerald and they got the minis from Maxwell Motors, both of which have daughters that are involved in it.

It's just for the people that didnt get to be involved in the C&E so they got Daddy to set up their own society.

And about the secret lake.... did nobody else notice the map to it in the student survival guide thingy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kas

Glennifer wrote:
    The swan in the pond is an evil old bitch & holds a personal grudge against me.

The swan is friendly, she'll even let you hand feed her babies.
    In fact I'm going in now to do just that (I start at 3 on wednesdays).

yeah, i'm kas now. might change again. nick doesn't fit me.

So that was her being friendly??? I was just a bit intimidated by the wing flapping and pecking! Hmmmm...may try not running away next time, that and perhaps bringing her food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kas

You didn't bring her food?

That would be like Santa not bringing you presents, you'd be pissed off too.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

My mate is one of the guys promoting it - he's a total lout so the parties will be poorly organised but big piss ups. Better off sticking with the 2/3 big socs (l&h, law soc and one other faculty one like eng and then a special interest) - most socs come and go - anyone remember Partysoc?

My mates were doin party soc, there finished now, It was actually fairly decent, remember the foam party in the tivoli? The was deadly, We used to get in free to pegs sayin were reps of party soc! I wasnt but my mates were. I said i wad rep for science, and the guy dave at the dorr (used to be on door at palace) would let us in for free! Was handy! Even though i had ntohin to do with the soc. Alhtough two guys i knew were party soc hacks!!
    Well I was in the tent as PRO for Dutch Soc. "Join DutchSoc, cos we're not Q Soc" "Join DutchSoc, the only alternative to corporate funding". *Shameless PimP* Still, we had loads of free stuff to give out and already a huge membership. Yesterday 23:30

Dutch soc rocked. Dont know what its like now. I remember 2 years ago, i was givin out the cans at the dutch soc event in the asto hall. Some fella pissed against the wall!!! lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm disappointed with DutchSoc this year. No idea about bouncebackability or sticktoitiveness at all.

For shame!

Advertisement