Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bertie doesn't know about traffic on the M50

• 20-09-2005 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

I really had to laugh when I read this in the local paper and it really goes to show how out of touch politicians are.

Bertie was down Wicklow direction last week to congratulate Druids Glen Marriott Hotel on achieving a 5 star rating. Whooopee - they pay 5 star rates to their staff as well I hear :rolleyes: But anyway, I digress.

During the course of the event Berties says that it was the first time he had travelled the whole length of the M50 and he didn't experience any traffic delays all the way from Dublin Airport.

Therefore, in Bertie's head, the bottlenecks on the M50 don't exist and he probably wonders why all the peasants are complaining.

Just thought I'd pass that little nugget along.

Nite nite. everyone. Sleep well and enjoy your traffic free journey along the M50 in your dreams.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

But he is always carried in a Garda car, which doesn't have to pay tolls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

And he probably thought the 2 mile line of stationary vehicles in the inside lane were there to wave at him as he passed.
    Nothing to do with the dozen chips wannabies that had cleared the outside lane before his majesty's arrival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wouldn't surprise me if his car used the hard shoulder for most of the M50 either....

Does Bertie even drive himself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

doubt he would drive himself, i think all ministers have a garda driver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Bertie doesn't drive - it was revealed a couple of years ago that he doesn't have a valid license because he has been either a minister, or party leader for nearly 15 years and has been chauffeur driven all that time.

just another example of his "man of the people" status...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

John R wrote:
    And he probably thought the 2 mile line of stationary vehicles in the inside lane were there to wave at him as he passed.
    Nothing to do with the dozen chips wannabies that had cleared the outside lane before his majesty's arrival.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement