Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At the debs....

Options
  • 20-09-2005 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

What if they ask for i.d??? What if they do :'(

Adn DON'T suggest fake i.d, over 70% of the people at my debs next week will be 17.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

can i ask why such a young crowd? My debs is in afew weeks and id say 95% of them are 18+.

anyway if you dont want to use fake id(they are sh*t anyway)then get a lend of a passport/garda id off a brother/sister or a friend.

either that or go without ID.

the above is just a suggestion and i will not be held responsible for any illegal activity ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

wow thats a big percentage...i say all of my year will be 18 in time for the debs next sept!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

chillywilly check my topic about losing my friend's i.d then come back here.

4th year is optional in my year. I#m going to Newgrange, all you do there is sign a piece of paper to say you aren't 18 so they wont get in trouble if you die or whatever.

i couldnt be arsed tbh, so you lost your friends ID i take it?!

well i gave my 2 cents, the rest is up to you!

slightly off topic, i booked a stretch hummer for my debs today! Oh ye...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

slightly off topic, i booked a stretch hummer for my debs today! Oh ye...
    You mad thing!, you didn't actually did you - how much does it cost?? Just the normal ones are between 8L and 12L!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

chillywilly check my topic about losing my friend's i.d then come back here.

4th year is optional in my year. I#m going to Newgrange, all you do there is sign a piece of paper to say you aren't 18 so they wont get in trouble if you die or whatever.

If you're going to Newgrange, you'll be grand, we had ours last week and no-one was asked for ID. We had a lot of underage people too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm goin to Newgrange, too :) If you were born in 88, you should get a provisional drivers licence and with a bit of tip-ex and pen-ink, change the second 8 to a 6. I did that, came out bloody perfect, and I've been using it for about 4 months with no hastle in any clubs or pubs. Being young isn't all bad; it's easier to pretend to be old! :D heheheheheheh :|

But yeah, if you're planning on going out to clubs and that, that's a great way of getting in, in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

That's a pretty good idea, but do all places accept provisional licences? I know a lot of people had those for graduation in May but didn't get in some places in town. Only a month to go for me before I don't have to worry bout ID any more!

You mad thing!, you didn't actually did you - how much does it cost?? Just the normal ones are between 8L and 12L!

im deadly serious! there is 14 of us going in it, but only the lads are paying(i hate tradition :D ) so it works out at €200 each! I know its mad but its something different, i dont know anyone else doing it and I only get to have one debs!....although i am going to another girls debs aswell :D

YOU CANT SEE THE VIEW IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE EDGE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

What if they ask for i.d??? What if they do :'(

Adn DON'T suggest fake i.d, over 70% of the people at my debs next week will be 17.

get a united nations id on the internet.i have one and i didnt get refused at my debs or anywhere.they wont ask you any questions and if they do just say you were abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

*marie* wrote:

bogie tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Teeheehee. Fluxcard make me laugh. They're such sh!te IDs. A friend of mine got stung with one on the Aran Islands a few years ago. A loooooooot of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

LadyLotts wrote:
    Teeheehee. Fluxcard make me laugh. They're such sh!te IDs. A friend of mine got stung with one on the Aran Islands a few years ago. A loooooooot of trouble.

Tee hee hee, I remember the shenanigans that went on that weekend, or rather the stories of said shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

oh come on.
    There has to be a mod around.
    And if there is, s/he needs to check out this thread (I reported it yesterday)
    Off topicness.
    Against the charter.
    Linking to a site which sells cards* which are illegal in Ireland.
    and so on.

*they dont work.
    Every bouncer in the country knows them as fakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That's a pretty good idea, but do all places accept provisional licences? I know a lot of people had those for graduation in May but didn't get in some places in town. Only a month to go for me before I don't have to worry bout ID any more!

Yeah as far as I know... Garda ID, Passport, and Drivers licence are all grand. I've had no trouble anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement