Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misleading Website advertising new development in Baldoyle?

Options
  • 20-09-2005 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

Have a look at this link for a new property development in Baldoyle…

www.thecoast.ie

Looks nice doesn’t it? You’d get the impression that you’d be living in some sort of seaside idol, when in fact you’d have a fantastic view of Baldoyle Industrial Estate.

Firstly, have a look at photos on the ‘location’ section. Pretty aren’t they? Well, of course they are, they are of Howth, 3 miles down the road.

As for easy access to the Dart. Well, does anyone know if Iarnrod Eireann actually have any plans to open a new Dart station where indicated on the map on the web site?, or are they referring to Howth Junction? If they are referring to Howth Junction then that’s a ½ mile walk through Baldoyle industrial estate.

Anyone who knows the area where they are currently building (behind Tom Walsh’s garage) should look at the site above and be prepared to suspend disbelief at what is being described.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Have a look at this link for a new property development in Baldoyle…

www.thecoast.ie

Looks nice doesn’t it? You’d get the impression that you’d be living in some sort of seaside idol, when in fact you’d have a fantastic view of Baldoyle Industrial Estate.

Firstly, have a look at photos on the ‘location’ section. Pretty aren’t they? Well, of course they are, they are of Howth, 3 miles down the road.

As for easy access to the Dart. Well, does anyone know if Iarnrod Eireann actually have any plans to open a new Dart station where indicated on the map on the web site?, or are they referring to Howth Junction? If they are referring to Howth Junction then that’s a ½ mile walk through Baldoyle industrial estate.

Anyone who knows the area where they are currently building (behind Tom Walsh’s garage) should look at the site above and be prepared to suspend disbelief at what is being described.

They have a disclaimer on the website.
    The building for "The Coast" is actually in the racecourse so it is on the seafront. No idea what the place near Tom Walsh's is called. There is a also a new DART station planned not far from where the original Baldoyle station was, just beside "Capital North/Clongriffin" or whatever they call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

is_that_so wrote:
    They have a disclaimer on the website.
    The building for "The Coast" is actually in the racecourse so it is on the seafront.
    Yes, part of the old racecourse land fronts onto the coast, but this particular development is at the back of the racecourse and no where near the sea. It's even obvious on the map on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The first photo you see on the page is actually the wooden bridge across to Bull Island!!

All property related activities in this country are corrupt. I find it hillarious that the national press report on the tribunals and ethics in business when they run the best scams on a thursday and friday - the property supplements where developers can get beautiful editorials and so so. Will we ever have a property supplement with an article saying the homes in this development are substandard and badly built, they are nowhere near the stated public transport and the only amenity is an over priced spar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

If you really believe this is false advertising, and feel strongly enough about it (more strongly than just complaining here), go here (http://www.asai.ie/) and submit a complaint.

rondjon wrote:
    If you really believe this is false advertising, and feel strongly enough about it (more strongly than just complaining here), go here (http://www.asai.ie/) and submit a complaint.
    Believe? I know. Putting scenic pictures of Howth and Bull Island up on a website for a development in Baldoyle is false advertising in my book.

However, it could be legally argued that the pictures did not consititute a description of the development as this fact was not specifically mentioned in the web site. People are left just to draw their own inference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I grew up in The Donahies, it's just up the road from this place. Baldoyle is a different world compaired to Howth. It's mostly industrial , is full of non-nationals (I'm not being racist, just stating a point) and the best thing about it is the new road that leave's the place.

K-TRIC wrote:
    I grew up in The Donahies, it's just up the road from this place. Baldoyle is a different world compaired to Howth. It's mostly industrial , is full of non-nationals (I'm not being racist, just stating a point) and the best thing about it is the new road that leave's the place.
    I grew up in Baldoyle. The scenery along the seafront in Baldoyle village is one of Dublin's hidden gems.

There have been two books and a DVD produced on the history of Baldoyle. I'm not being racist but The Donahies? Here's it's history: green fields turned into a housing estate in the early 70's. The End.

My original post was about how misleading and duplicitious developers can be. Can we stay on message?

Advertisement