Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about Doctor J.

Options
  • 21-09-2005 1:28am
    Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hello,
    This guy is making slanderous statements towards me and being totally non-constructive.

See here for details :

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=303952&page=3

He is assuming I was banned under the name "Propagandhi" and then registered under this name "Resurrection". Being a moderator should he not bring this to your attention? I believe using two aliases is against forum regulations. Also he begins to quote an irrelevant user in his defense because we both said "GIGSMART".
    I can provide IP information or whatever you need to prove that Propagandhi is infact just a band I like and not an alias I used. He also states something regarding a FAS thread(I think?) and that sealed the deal for him(Meaning he was sure I was a teenager but once again this is not true).
    I have been the only one to remain CIVIL and avoid a banning on the PUNK forum for the last two days and I believe every point I made was valid.

So what can be done about this? If Doctor J can explain his actions that would be great. I would reply on the thread and ask him for a reply but I watched his status earlier and he was looking at my reply for 10 minutes and then his status appeared "offline". I wonder why he hesitated in replying if he was so sure that this guy was me.

Regards
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It was brought to the moderators attention long before he posted on that thread. We do more than idle speculation, we require proof. Unfortunately, making assumptions about posters is required to keep a balance as it is easy to sneak back in through some channels. If you haven't been banned then you have nothing to worry about. And the "Who's Online" status only updates every so often.

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭Resurrection

I know you guys have a private moderation board. I think openly making assumptions about me on a public forum is out of order. I agree that if you want and I do it myself on the board(s) I moderate that you should look me up.
    I'll provide any information you need to make it clear that those other posters are totally unrelated to me. I know I.P spoofing is simple and I finally realise what was meant by the FAS thing after reading the GIGSMART thread. I guess you can't check my wallet and look for a FAS card either.

But i'm going to remain civil and ask for an apology as I think it was totally out of order.

And you have a right to do so. Doctor J is a reasonable guy, if he feels he did you wrong he will apologise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

What did Doctor J say when you PM'd him?

Well he PM'd me, if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Am I the only one that notices that someone who just registered this month is posting a link to "pie.boards.ie...." Now unless he's done a lot of research I find that rather odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

azezil wrote:
    Am I the only one that notices that someone who just registered this month is posting a link to "pie.boards.ie...." Now unless he's done a lot of research I find that rather odd.
    Maybe he found the site through a link on another bulletin board where the link was using the pie subdomain.

He did mention that he's a moderator on other boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

azezil wrote:

Who are you? Sherlock Holmes?

Its a good shout though so I wont disagree with you, the whole thing smells of the old double register come get the mod who banned you first time round routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Its all maths people.
    % of users complaining about one user = x
    % of effort taken to read these whinges = y
    % of enjoyment from poking banned user in prison = q

Soooo if x+y< q solve for z

Talliesin wrote:
    What did Doctor J say when you PM'd him?

I didn't PM him. As Giblet stated above, I PM'd him. He is the moderator of the board.

• Advertisement

azezil wrote:

This hold's no relevance at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

This guy is making slanderous statements towards me and being totally non-constructive

am I missing something?

because I don't see Doctor J's name as being a mod of the Punk forum..
    why is this thread being posted in here then?
    have you reported his post to the mods of that forum? because that is the proceedure if you have a complaint about a fellow poster.

Asok wrote:
    Its all maths people.
    % of users complaining about one user = x
    % of effort taken to read these whinges = y
    % of enjoyment from poking banned user in prison = q

Soooo if x+y< q solve for z

Math's was never a strong point. Instead of putting this simple matter into an equation for us it would be best if you used the English language for all of us.

Beruthiel wrote:
    am I missing something?

because I don't see Doctor J's name as being a mod of the Punk forum..
    why is this thread being posted in here then?
    have you reported his post to the mods of that forum? because that is the proceedure if you have a complaint about a fellow poster.

No you're right. He is infact a moderator of different forums and thats why I thought he should have acted more appropiately. I don't think any negative action was taken towards DoctorJ's contribution in all of this. I have been banned until Friday by Giblet which I won't argue with. Afterall I did go off topic.

Giblet is aware of all of the discussion so yes, he has been notified you could say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Mods are people too and while we have to restain oursleves from
    posting at times the like of 'Dear gods you are such a fricking mong and should be kicked out of the human race for shoving' in the forums we do mod.
    That does not stop us doing so in other forums as long as we are willing
    to suffer the consequences.

Mods not behaving themsleves never happen just like garda don't ever drink and drive.

Thaed wrote:
    Mods are people too and while we have to restain oursleves from
    posting at times the like of 'Dear gods you are such a fricking mong and should be kicked out of the human race for shoving' in the forums we do mod.
    That does not stop us doing so in other forums as long as we are willing
    to suffer the consequences.

Mods not behaving themsleves never happen just like garda don't ever drink and drive.

Yeah but being a moderator on other forums I would certainly have had the sense not too act the way he did. I would love some concrete evidence linking me to these people. He played off his age in the arguement and then worse of all accused me of something I didn't do with NOTHING to back it up.

This hold's no relevance at all.
    So far I find it the most interesting bit of this thread.

Talliesin wrote:
    So far I find it the most interesting bit of this thread.

I've never once dns'd "pie.boards.ie" as in went to my browser and typed that URL directly in. That's just URL that appeared when I pasted from a tab to another.

I still say it hold's no relevance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What is your problem Resurrection? The Doc made an assumption, and absolutely nothing came from it, so in all reasoning it should be done and dusted. Why bother drag something so trivial out into such a big song and dance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

newnicksamecrap.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

The MAN.
    \m/   ,,,,,
      \\  (-_-)
        \] ^*^[\
          | {} | \\
           \_ _/  ||
           /    \  w
          /     \
         /   |   \
        /    ^    \
      C___|    |___D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yeah but being a moderator on other forums I would certainly have had the sense not too act the way he did.

Your only supposed to act grown up in the forums you moderate. Outside of them you have no more rights then any other user.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I demand a list of 10 grownups who post on boards!!

I've never once dns'd "pie.boards.ie" as in went to my browser and typed that URL directly in. That's just URL that appeared when I pasted from a tab to another.

I still say it hold's no relevance.

How did it end up on your browser? Magical browser elves pixie-led you on your way to ebay and you ended up here?

We're curious as to why you used pie.boards.ie rather than boards.ie or www.boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Doctor J. Moderator.

Cool name.

He's hoping he'll be offered a chair at Moderation University and become Professor J. Moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What is your problem Resurrection? The Doc made an assumption, and absolutely nothing came from it, so in all reasoning it should be done and dusted. Why bother drag something so trivial out into such a big song and dance?

SLANDER!!!!!1ONLYONE!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Oh yes, fyi Resurrection, slander is spoken, in print it's libel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

CuLT wrote:
    Oh yes, fyi Resurrection, slander is spoken, in print it's libel.
    I can't believe I missed a chance to be pedantic... :(

*kicks self

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

amp wrote:
    SLANDER!!!!!1ONLYONE!!!!

Like that time I said you smoked drugs. Oh the hilarity.

Advertisement