Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speaking of dreams...

• 21-09-2005 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

I have re-occuring dreams of dying. Every time it's different, different place or circumstance. Usually the only similarity is that I am being chased by something..be it a plague that has engulfed the earth, or I'm part of some crazy computer game and I've just run out of amo. The worst thing is, in each dream I never wake up just before I die...isn't that ment to happen? I'm usually killed in some way or another... night after night. It's started to freak me out, because I don't want to go to sleep as I'm afraid of how bad I'm going to feel in the morning when I finally do wake up. And I'm generally emotionally wrecked during the day. Any suggestions/advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

dreaming of dying is a sign of stress or anxiety and ur minds need for u to deal with that...could be a bad relationship or somebody causing u stress or work/college consuming your thought and being overly-stressful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I thought dreaming of dying meant a wedding? shows how much I know!

wedding and dying are very similar u could be right dizzy :p

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭Resurrection

It shows how little you both know and assume. These dream dictionaries have never proven to be anything more than coincidental.

A dreams a dream, take is as you please.

i didn't get that from a dream dictionary i have extensivly studied human behaviour

• Advertisement

And so have the people who have written these dictionaries. There is nothing factual in them other than coincidence in sometimes.

yeah but hat i'm sayin is i didn't use a dictionary... i came to that conclusion out of hearing what way the OP's mind is during the day and how emotional stress will lead somones subconcious to think of a worse thing than theirl ife (in this case death) to enable themselves to realese he stress of their current situation

jcoote wrote:
    yeah but hat i'm sayin is i didn't use a dictionary... i came to that conclusion out of hearing what way the OP's mind is during the day and how emotional stress will lead somones subconcious to think of a worse thing than theirl ife (in this case death) to enable themselves to realese he stress of their current situation

Well you can assume thats the issue. You put it forward quite directly with "this is your minds way of". He even mentioned computer games in there. My doctor once told me my anxiety was brought on from playing too much quake. My mind was going 90mph but my body was asleep resulting in anxiety and panic.

yeah it could be computers etc buton the evidence we were given it sounds like a stressful lifestyle during the day that causes it...just opinions at the end of the day

jcoote wrote:
    yeah it could be computers etc buton the evidence we were given it sounds like a stressful lifestyle during the day that causes it...just opinions at the end of the day

Possibly but as you know the mind is a very complex thing.

Im not having a go at you by the way :)

• Advertisement

ah no me neither 2 different people are entitled to have 2 different views...it really could be a million things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

sounds to me he's watching too many movies and playing Unreal Tournament/Doom far too often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

You can only dream about something you've experienced, and as such can't die in a dream, you will always wake up before you're dead in the dream since you don't know what it's like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Dreaming of being shot/stabbed is usually indicative of being abused in the workplace, or college which ever may be appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i heard that dreaming of people dying means that they will live a long life

just what i heard...

Advertisement