Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom Movie!

Options
  • 21-09-2005 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Ok its probably been posted before now but here is the doom movie trailer!!

Didnt hear about it till tonight, but im am probably way behind the times :rolleyes:

Not sure about the rock being in it but what ya goin to do!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

It's been posted in Films several times.

Looks garbage tbh, apparently they've changed it to a virus and not the gates of hell bursting forth unleashing all the beasties. I've a feeling it'll just be another resident evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Yeah looks completely crap! They have thrown the story line out and completely destroyed it. Res written all over it and The Rock is the star to boot...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm optimistic about it, to be honest. I like the trailer, I like the FPS stuff, and I like the fact that it'll be R rated in the states (so hopefully 18s here). So it won't be another AvP (fingers crossed, anyway....)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I liked the resi flicks though on seeing the trailer for this with no hell makes me think whats the point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

im with d22 on this, trailer looks too gimicky, the fps thing is an interesting idea, but it looks to be overused in the movie

without all the original doom imagery (pentagrams, hanging corpses, swasticas, etc) it will never be what i wanted it to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

apparently they've changed it to a virus and not the gates of hell bursting forth unleashing all the beasties.

The biggest "oh" of all the "oh my Gods" I've ever said. The best thing about doom was the fact that it was about HELL OPENING.

Stupid developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Stupid fundementalist christians more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

If House of the Dead is anything to go by it'll do quite well regardless of the ****ty quality. There are rows of that pos down in Xtravision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The virus idea was scrapped ages ago I thought?

The trailers, the older one anyway, clearly shows soldiers battling the demons from the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

The virus idea was scrapped ages ago I thought?

The trailers, the older one anyway, clearly shows soldiers battling the demons from the game...

yeah but they are probably just mutated dna thingys (that probably didnt live good christian lives)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Not even going to watch it tbh. The game has a **** storyline. I don't see the film being much better, especially with the rock on board.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

BloodBath wrote:
    Not even going to watch it tbh. The game has a **** storyline. I don't see the film being much better, especially with the rock on board.

Hell opening up, what beats that?

amp wrote:
    Stupid fundementalist christians more like.

Yeh, they don't want to see any of hell's poor pets killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I think the first person parts are going to be a disaster. Fair focks to them for trying to be authentic but if that goes on for more than 2 or 3 minutes it's going to make everybody queasy. I remember having to walk out of the Blair Witch Project for that reason, it gave me a nasty headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

I think the first person parts are going to be a disaster.

I thought the same, it smacked of desperately trying to remain 'authentic' to the game or something (worked real well for Mario bros and mortal combat etc. :rolleyes: )

It's not the worst premise in the world for a movie but they should just forget about the game completely and try to make a decent movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Well why didn't they go with portals to other dimensions that accidentally open up the gates of hell. Instead the film story is about dna researchers on Mars (obvously) have tapped into the final 10% of human dna and unleashed fears greater than hell... sounds flimsy.

Also as regards to the fps, I was reading in empire that they only have about 8mins in total of fps that is used very sparingly in the film and mostly to move the story along. Lets be honest though, will be great to see in fps that dog/beast thing getting ripped open with a chain saw!

I do agree though that without the pentagrams, corpses etc... it just wont be the same. Lets face it they could have created one kick ass atmosphere with all that stuff.

Advertisement