Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next BOARDS BEERS

Options
  • 21-09-2005 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Ok, since the last boards beers was such a shinging "suckcess"...

i'm kidding of course. it was good fun and some really cool people turned up.

i'm thinking next friday, that is the 30th of september, will be our next day out. I'm thinking, The centre bar after 3pm. the drinks are the same price but to be honest the Centre Bar, Formally the Forum bar, is much more intimate and comfortable compared to the often packed SU bar. people can disagree tis ur right, but i think this would be the best option espescially considering the closing of the Sports bar has meant that more people, bizzarely, are going to the SU bar. anyway, its quiet so far this week and it IS freshers week. so i figure it'd be fun.

im expecting ya'll to weigh in right away.

so come one come all...

Rock on, Safe, Hardcore, Word, Yo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

30th September ain't good for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

i can go! i can go! huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Why always with the weekends. How about next wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

friday is the only good day for me 11-3 all my other days I'm in until 6 so I'll be therre probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

After 3? Should be cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Why always with the weekends. How about next wednesday.

yeah actually that'd suit much better i've fridays off and i'd prefer to lie in!!

I'd definitely say a Thursday since so many people go home early on Fridays, more people can go and so many people already go out on Friday nights anyway.

I'm in from 9 til 6 on Thurday. :(

Anyways, do we need to be 18 to enter The Centre Bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

should be there this time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Make in wednesday. The place will be empty too. Is has been this week and its freshers week!

If its goin to be friday make it the SU bar, it will be empty, its only ever packed durin the first week and freshers week, although this week is hasnt been.

Off the poiny:

Freshers week is always CRAP!! Did people see Q-Soc? Unbelievable, the quinn school of business paid for their ****in mini's. Ucd is gettin very bent. I was walkin around the freshers tent and i knew nobody on the stands for big society's (C&E, B&l) then i realised oh yeah, they just recruit all the freshers to wear silly yellow and blue t-shirts and hand out crap and look like saps. Couldnt believe it, some lamp in one of the minis said to my mate and I, "Join the Q lads" I burst ou laughin and said " Shut up ya sap". Was very funny. Have to say UCD is gettin UBER jock territory. C&E, and B&L used to be good and have good stuff on, but now its just a case of wanna be cool freshers wearin the same t-shirt ( they must stink, they wear them all the time!!! ) and doin nothing. Im actually sick and cranky at the mo, hence the rant. END OF RANT!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Should be able to make it....depending on the cash-flow situation.

Hardcore. To 11. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I have to go drinking that evening anyway, may as well start at three.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

PiZaRR-0 wrote:
    Couldnt believe it, some lamp in one of the minis said to my mate and I, "Join the Q lads" I burst ou laughin and said " Shut up ya sap". Was very funny.

Really, no it wasn't.

I'll be there, the last one was class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Really, no it wasn't.

You sound like fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

F**k!$£!! I can't go again. My debs is on that night. Happycrackhead is out to get me. Have it at a day I can go. Hows your October? Mine's terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*cough*
    Some of us happen to work Fridays! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Look Fridays are usually best for most people, and if ur excuse is u wanna stay in bed... its 3 o clock, im sure u could find some time between 3 and god only knows when to drop in.

Friday is good, cause its the end of the week, no lectures the next day (DUH)... it just makes more sense. considering about 15 in total people made it last time thats a fair majority who have the ability to make it. Plus theres nothing better at the end of the week than to unwind with some good chat and some good drink.... or if u dont drink then punch.

suprisingly friday is a good day to drink in ucd, because all the country folk go home (i actually dont understand the logic behind paying to live in dublin 5 days a week and going home to work...)

I agree with that anti-Q Soc statement, but if ya wanna discuss it, start a new thread.

Kirby, im sorry if you work, really am but... its easier if we don't debate it and just set a time that has worked in the past and works still. If we start debating different times we'll never actually agree, and im guessing if a poll was held friday would win.

Friday, 30th September, ive had quite a few verbal agreements already.

Ah well... looks like I'm just gonna have to see you all at your controller-wielding worst rather than at your drunken best :)

edit: w00t, 3000th post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Ah well... looks like I'm just gonna have to see you all at your controller-wielding worst rather than at your drunken best :)

edit: w00t, 3000th post :)

heh heh... and i know ur name now... mooohaha...

im probably gonna get my ass kicked but i'll give ya a fight, drunk or not. some whiskey to take the edge off.

sorry we cant find a better system for the boardsbeers, but... what if its every second friday, you could get one off work??

ah well... I'm sure I can pull a sickie some time :p
    I'll see what I can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

PiZaRR-0 wrote:
    Make in wednesday. The place will be empty too. Is has been this week and its freshers week!

No it hasn't, I've been in the forum pretty much every evening since term started, it's not the sardine room only kind of packed that the student bar tends to be but it always has a fair enough crowd.

I'll probably buzz by, next friday suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Fridays suit me too, so I'll try not to chicken out and actually come this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

could always have a mini- meet up tomorrow i guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I'm absolutely in favour of that mini-meet-up idea, but alas (and alack) I have no money. Dunno if I'll even get into college tomorro, never mind drink while I'm here! :(

SebtheBum wrote:
    I'm absolutely in favour of that mini-meet-up idea, but alas (and alack) I have no money. Dunno if I'll even get into college tomorro, never mind drink while I'm here! :(

get. a. job. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

get. a. job. :p

:eek: Dont be ridiculous!!!! The universe would implode if that ever happened!!

Won't somebody think of the children!!!?

Won't somebody think of the children!!!?

Michael Jackson does enough of that for all of us. (Took it too far.)

Anyways, I'd be up for the mini-meet up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Im from dublin, friday suits me, now just go with the flow and dont be a spa[sic].

Well ok then :rolleyes:

The logic behind "country folk" going home is that we have friends that arent in dublin/ucd that we want to meet up with. See family (not on my list but to each their own) and of course work.
    That and ppl in digs are usually expected to go home at weekends.

Just because the last beer worked doesnt mean we cant do better. If it aint broke dont fix it is a rediculous motto IMO, one should strive for new and better thinks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Kevin. Whats the story with the stupid Beers meeting so early. Drinking during thre day is just WRONG. I suggest that beers should start late and go on late!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Off-topic: I would've loved, just f**king LOVED to have gone to see Damien Dempsey last night, but for my stupid lack of damn money.
    Pain... In... The... Hole. *sigh*

On-topic: This will be the last meet-up held on a Friday. Last year we had some pretty good beers in March/April/May and the off-campus one in Porterhouse was wicked as well... But all the ones we had on campus were on Wednesdays or Thursdays, pretty much without exception.

Therefore I am taking over the position of UCD Boards Beers Scheduling, and thus HappyCrackHead's tyrannical despotism will come to an end, as of the next beers. Friday 30th of September will be the last of the Fried Egg beers, I promise.

Advertisement