Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could have one childhood sweet...

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bidsie

Two and Two bars were gorgeous!!! I remember them vividly from my early teens in the 80s(nearly sure it had a brown,red and cream wrapper with a gold foil inside).god they were beautiful. heard a guy on joe duffy today who has taken over Urneys chocolate and good news.....he plans to put the one and only TWO AND TWO bar back on the market!!!!! I can taste it already and as soon as theyre available I'll be buying a BOX of them.Mmmmm!!!! my husband doesnt remember them and is of the opinion that I made it up.cant wait to see his face when I finally produce one....p.s. I remember the kilimanjaro ice pop fondly too.it was just sublime....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

bidsie wrote: »
    Two and Two bars were gorgeous!!! I remember them vividly from my early teens in the 80s(nearly sure it had a brown,red and cream wrapper with a gold foil inside).god they were beautiful. heard a guy on joe duffy today who has taken over Urneys chocolate and good news.....he plans to put the one and only TWO AND TWO bar back on the market!!!!! I can taste it already and as soon as theyre available I'll be buying a BOX of them.Mmmmm!!!! my husband doesnt remember them and is of the opinion that I made it up.cant wait to see his face when I finally produce one....p.s. I remember the kilimanjaro ice pop fondly too.it was just sublime....

Ah brilliant! So it's really happening?:)..I remember my sister and me rummaging under the cushions trying to gather up enough coppers to buy one between us...think we needed 19 1/2p.:)
    One of the centres that used to be in the Black Magic collection-the diamond shaped one, had a similar centre - beige and cream coloured fondant...or maybe my 2&2 deprived mind was hallucinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

I have a picture of a two and two bar but cannot figure out how too down load it too this site sorry. It was an Urnies wrapper,from the 60s, seems the exact same one I remembered from the 70s when HB chocolates made it,yum hope they do come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Any one remember 'Daffy Bars?' They were like taz bars but had a strawberry fondant in the centre. I used to love them.

I'm starting to think this is a figmant of my imagination because nobody else seems to remember :confused: But did HB once do bags of jelly-ish ice sweets called 'Cool Bits.' They were shaped like random objects. Please tell me someone remembers???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Truley wrote: »
    I'm starting to think this is a figmant of my imagination because nobody else seems to remember :confused: But did HB once do bags of jelly-ish ice sweets called 'Cool Bits.' They were shaped like random objects. Please tell me someone remembers???

I remember them. They were mini ice pieces with a slightly hard coating on the outside. Very nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

i loved alien spacers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Wine Gums from the local corner-shop. Sold by the quarter (I would get a pound of £1.60).

Amazing! None of that Maynards shite!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

lucky charms or 3 muskiteers bar

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Ronanc1

vica versa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

Mmmm yeah vica versa were nice

Touchdowns, apple jacks, whoppa bars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Om nom nom.....feeling very hungry for sugary goodness after reading through this thread!

Does anyone know when twisters last tasted nice? Had one earlier and was majorly disappointed...think they must've taken all the flavourings out or something...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Dip Dab :D

Advertisement