Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you play better when drunk?

Options
  • 21-09-2005 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

Well?
    I find i do actaully, i only play css really and i follow this saying, ""those who dare, win""
    When i have had a few i find im a lot more confident and just run out guns blazing, it seems to work really well. For some reason my accuracy also seems better, im sure this is different for each person.
    :)

Play better when your drunk ? 12 votes

Hell ye :D
    0% 0 votes
    No :(
    100% 12 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Voted no

depends on the game tbh, some times after a few whiskeys I'll be in the zone.

Wario Ware Inc is one I absolutely own at when hammered. I'm usually pretty decent at beat em ups too.

Meaty fps games as well, by that I mean just ffa's with big giant rocket launchers and the like.

As for football games, I am garbage. I just get frustrated when I lose the ball and hack people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Ya joking. Forza Motorsport is difficult enough at the best of times without throwing drink into the equation. Tried it once, couldn't get around a lap without destroying the drive train, steering rack and transmittion. Bouncing off walls didn't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cuaifeadh

No, but it's more fun when I loose! Although I do tend to get better at cheating when I'm drunk.. I just drown my morals in alcohol *g*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I used to play Grand Prix 3 a bit a while back, I used a sidewinder wheel and it was great crack but not easy at all.
    I gave up smoking then and started drinking a beer or two in the evenings and had to stop playing GP3 as I noticed that I was no longer able to play when I had had even one beer I was constantly in the barriers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Definitely not. I get giddy and start messing around doing stupid stuf trying to be funny after dying repeatedly. However beating people at SF2 whilst hammered is a speciality of mine although I definitely don't play better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I enjoy playing games with a few beers or while drunk but there is no chance that I am any way better at them while under the influence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

It's just like driving...........:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I do remember my dad, brother and myself used to play somewhat competitively on Formula one '97. One day my dad came back from the pub, and got a fantastic time on one of our favourite tracks and we were never able to beat it.
    But as for me, no, I just lose coordination and become even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I must say I become really shíte at everything except CS(S), like the OP said, you take more risk's and it seems to pay off, although Ive tried to take more risk's when sober and I nearly always get hammered....

My favorite game to play when drunk is Mario Kart on the Cube........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I find it makes me a bit more relaxed, and i seem to paly better, especially in online FPS's...but by the end of the night im all over the shop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yeh I get better, when I start playing something after a few drinks I'm crap at first, but after 10/15 minutes I get much more focused and more 'into' it. It's as if the alcohol lets you trick yourself into thinking you're actually 'in' the game. I'm seriously looking forward to getting loaded and playing FEAR :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

when i'm drunk or otherwise intoxicated i play better i think, i know i've smashed some of my records when completly fceked but maybe thats just me! oh and don't worry i don't drive so you're safe on the roads :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

CS was the game that made me realise just how much a couple of pints affected your reactions and stuff - really hit home about drink driving even after a couple of beers..

So eh, No, sober as a judge is the only way for me to play..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

God no. I played Soldier of Fortune II once while drunk and got a ratio of kills to deaths resembling the following or there abouts.

2/12

I'm better at NOTHING while drunk. I can't even open my front door sometimes, let alone manage something as complex as a controller/mouse... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

CS was the game that made me realise just how much a couple of pints affected your reactions and stuff - really hit home about drink driving even after a couple of beers..

So eh, No, sober as a judge is the only way for me to play..

Just reminded me of my younger days after a few magic cigs, reactions went to ****e! also while playin cs, god knows what version though!.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sometimes I just enjoy the game more. But when your drunk, flying a plane 3 feet off the ground, dodging missiles, going through tunnels, under bridges... being drunk sometimes goes against you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Has to be no though that doesn't stop me from playing while wasted.I don't think i play any worse depending on what game of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I love playing Pro Evo when Im drunk, I dont think im better but it just seems to make the game even more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Played multiplayer Total Annihilation a couple of times when I was wasted. Far too complicated though. No way you can keep track of attacting, defending and expanding when you're sloshed.

Used to post alot of news on a popular website drunk. Typos, broken links, slagging off other sites. Used get us 100k hits than usual news days. :)

http://ubercrack.tauniverse.com/drunkeness.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Now i have only ever played css drunk which is not the most involved game. I think i must try Colin Mcrae after a few 1 of these nites, that should be interesting :p .
    Perhaps its only FPS that the drink enhances, they are the best games IN THE WORLD :D .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm worse when I'm drunk... but I used to be really good at drunk SSBM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I can't even open my front door sometimes, let alone manage something as

oh good. im not the only one. ive stood outside my house for about 15 minutes a few times just sat at my door after giving up tryin to get the key in :D

I am a lot better at big team battles in halo 2 when drunk. i also noticed i was a lot better at bot counter strikes when drunk too. mario kart, i cant be beaten by any of my mates as i know the tracks like the back of my hand and they dont so once i can kinda see the tv i will win.

pro evo 4 is a different story. i couldnt be arsed trying to play proper when drunk and as some other poster said, i just get pissed off and just hack them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

worse when i'm drunk, but when you have a few your reactions heighten so makes you react quicker in FPS's hence making you better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

I play every game I have better drunk> Not sure why!>but it's Great..

Advertisement