Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights Televised football

• 21-09-2005 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

7.30 - Milan v Lazio - Setanta/Bravo
    7.45 - Celtic v Falkirk - BBC1 Scotland (available on Sky Digital)
    7.45 - Doncaster Rovers v Manchester City - Sky Sports 2
    8.00 - Barcelona v Valencia - Sky Sports 1

Decent choice. I'll be watching Celtic but would like to see all the other 3 matches. Stephen Ireland should start for Man City and he's a player I want to see. I'd love to see Barca v Valencia. It was supposed to be delayed coverage at 10.00 but it was changed to live. The Milan match would probably be my last choice and its one I'd be definitely watching if it wasn't clashing with these.

Actually, just remembered I'm going out tonight. :( Sht.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Nice one, me missus is going out tonight. I'll be watching Barca but there'll be a bit of switching around I'd say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Watch milan till half time then switch to barca then decide what to watch from there.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is the Blackburn vs. Huddersfield game not one anywhere? The kickoff was changed to 8 and I thought it might be for television purposes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lemlin wrote:
    Is the Blackburn vs. Huddersfield game not one anywhere? The kickoff was changed to 8 and I thought it might be for television purposes.

Believe it or not it was switched to allow BBC Radio Leeds have live commentary on the game.

Think ill watch the Barcelone V Valencia game. Barcelona have had a very average start to teh seaosn so far so will be desperate for 3 points and Valencia are no mugs themselves so I can see a good attacking game in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

is Real madris and Bilbao not on too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

evad_lhorg wrote:

Tomorrow night.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

evad_lhorg wrote:

It will be interesting to see the look on luxembargos face as the game progresses. He needs a win big time after spending 60-70 million this summer.

Hope woodgate plays well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eirebhoy wrote:
    Actually, just remembered I'm going out tonight. :( Sht.

Ha ha. :D

B.

evilhomer wrote:
    It will be interesting to see the look on luxembargos face as the game progresses. He needs a win big time after spending 60-70 million this summer.

Am I missing something here? Is it not the case that the manager doesn't pick the team anyway?

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

eirebhoy wrote:
    Stephen Ireland should start for Man City and he's a player I want to see.
    Psycho definately rates him
    Read more here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Why isn't there any crowd noise on Bravo? Makes the match as dead as a doornail.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Brian017 wrote:
    Why isn't there any crowd noise on Bravo? Makes the match as dead as a doornail.

It usually is like that on Bravo and Setanta. I dont think they believe in bringing microphones to matches.

I watched the Barcelona game. Wasnt as good as it could have been because of that plonker of a ref who wasfar too whistle happy for my liking. He let nothing go. Two awful mistakes,one each from both goalkeepers cost goals for both sides. A draw was probably a fair result in the end though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I thought it was because of 'studio commentary' ie the commentators arent actually at the game, just commentating from their studio?

Watched Barca Vs Valencia. It threatened to be a good game at times, but one Valencia bizarely took the lead, they sat back and Barca couldnt get into their passing game. Poor game by Spanish standards, but decent all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

If I was the ref at the Doncaster game I'd be leaving fairly sharpish before I run into Stuart Pearce, two absolutely shocking decisions.

gimmick wrote:
    I thought it was because of 'studio commentary' ie the commentators arent actually at the game, just commentating from their studio?

Im not sure about that one because Sky Sports do "studio commentating" on spanish games as well and usually you can hear the crowd allot better than you would watching a game on Bravo or Setanta. Tonights Bravo game wasnt as bad as it sometimes is

If I was the ref at the Doncaster game I'd be leaving fairly sharpish before I run into Stuart Pearce, two absolutely shocking decisions.

I didnt get to see the game. What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Kingp35 wrote:
    I didnt get to see the game. What happened?
    Sent off Onuoha for following through on a ball to hit the keeper (he actually got the ball first so it was a legal tackle)
    Awarded Doncaster a penalty at 1-0 for a handball against Distin, he actually headed it clear.

Sent off Onuoha for following through on a ball to hit the keeper (he actually got the ball first so it was a legal tackle)
    Awarded Doncaster a penalty at 1-0 for a handball against Distin, he actually headed it clear.

sounds a bit on the harsh side of life all right. Still City really should be beating the likes of Doncaster comfortably and not letting the game get to extra time

Kingp35 wrote:
    sounds a bit on the harsh side of life all right. Still City really should be beating the likes of Doncaster comfortably and not letting the game get to extra time

The referee actually revoked the red card after seeing the reply after the game.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

BaZmO* wrote:
    The referee actually revoked the red card after seeing the reply after the game.

B.

Which he isnt allowed to do so they have lodged an apeal with the FA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Kingp35 wrote:
    It usually is like that on Bravo and Setanta. I dont think they believe in bringing microphones to matches.
    Its up to the Italian TV to sort that out.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Its up to the Italian TV to sort that out.

Well in terms of Setanta im not just talking Italian matches. their Premiership matches are like that as well but none of them are as bad as tv3. I cat watch a game on that channel. the sound, commentary and presenting by Packie are truely awful

Kingp35 wrote:
    Well in terms of Setanta im not just talking Italian matches. their Premiership matches are like that as well but none of them are as bad as tv3. I cat watch a game on that channel. the sound, commentary and presenting by Packie are truely awful

You are aware that Setanta don't actually have their own camera crews there? They are simply given a feed from whatever TV station have the rights.

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    You are aware that Setanta don't actually have their own camera crews there? They are simply given a feed from whatever TV station have the rights.

B.

yeah I know that. The sound problem is causes because the Setanta commentators are not actually at the game they commentate from teh studio and this reduces the crowd noise. I would imagine its teh same case with TV3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Kingp35 wrote:
    yeah I know that. The sound problem is causes because the Setanta commentators are not actually at the game they commentate from teh studio and this reduces the crowd noise.
    They aren't at foreign games but are at the Premiership games. Lou Macari and someone else. Didn't notice anything with the sound tbh but I wasn't looking out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

eirebhoy wrote:
    Didn't notice anything with the sound tbh but I wasn't looking out for it.

:eek: hmmm must try looking out for sound problems :p

Advertisement