Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simptallica

• 21-09-2005 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Metallica are to guest on the Simpsons

Their respective careers kind of parallel each other. Both started out incredibly, released timeless material for a few years and now you wish they'd stop, though you can't help check out each new release with blind optimism followed by depressing disappointment :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Poor, sad metallica. Corporate whores, the lot of em. I wonder if this was bob cock rock's idea too?
    Youre right tho Doc, simpsons have gone to hell a long time ago, as did bumtallica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

metallica died after load

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

j0e wrote:
    metallica died after load

WRONG!

Metallica died with Cliff Burton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I wonder if Phil Towle will be in it? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Be fair - about 1/3rd of their good stuff came out after he died.

• Advertisement

Be fair - about 1/3rd of their good stuff came out after he died.

No. There was enough materiel left over from the Cliff era for And Justice For All, but after that it was all downhill.

No. There was enough materiel left over from the Cliff era for And Justice For All, but after that it was all downhill.

I'd agree in principle, have you seen the "Year and a half in the life..." vids, the studio one in particular?

Nope, I'm afraid not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Doctor J wrote:
    I'd agree in principle, have you seen the "Year and a half in the life..." vids, the studio one in particular?

oh yes, and I nearly broke my TV over it - then I cheered myself up by watching Pantera's Vulgar Videos :)

Ahhh tis worth seeing the difference in them compared to Some Kind Of Lobster

They were heading in a commercial direction and knew it but still had a deep mistrust of Bob Rock through most of it :p

Then it all goes nuts in terms of success and you kind of feel sorry for them (especially Newsted who seems to be the only one still somewhat grounded) in this bizarre fish-bowl situation they realistically could not have forseen. They're surrounded by the likes of Guns N Roses instead of the likes of Anthrax in the old days and you sort of feel what happened was inevitable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Doctor J wrote:
    I wonder if Phil Towle will be in it? :p
    Or...towelie?
    towelie_avatar.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

WRONG!

Metallica died with Cliff Burton.

you mean dave mustaine
    * que massive met vs. deth war

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

neither deserve to win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

I'm surprised its taken this long for Metallica to appear in the Simpsons...

mp3guy wrote:
    you mean dave mustaine
    * que massive met vs. deth war

Lets not start that again, shall we?

Btw, Marty Friedman > Kirk Hammett. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Lets not start that again, shall we?

Btw, Marty Friedman > Kirk Hammett. Fact.

Yes but Metallica > Megadeth :D

Can. Worms. Opened :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Quiet peasant!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ah jesus. I guess it's time for my emergence from this hole to take the place of Metallica :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

I hope they write in FIRE BAD!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

"The Simpsons" realise they are out of ideas and rapidly fading to oblivion.

Cue the bright idea of getting their musical equivalent... Metallica!

• Advertisement

Devious wrote:
    Yes but Metallica > Megadeth :D

Can. Worms. Opened :D

Well,

Marty > Kirk
    Dave oh so much > James
    Nick Menza > Lars
    Ellefson ? Newstead

Thats 3/4... go figure

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mp3guy wrote:
    Well,

Marty > Kirk
    Dave oh so much > James
    Nick Menza > Lars
    Ellefson ? Newstead

Thats 3/4... go figure
    why does it matter if each in your opinion are better.it's the songs and how well the band work together.now leave that lame oh so lame topic alone thanks ;)

why does it matter if each in your opinion are better.it's the songs and how well the band work together.now leave that lame oh so lame topic alone thanks ;)

Yup, but that wasn't my opinion, i would've said if it was. Case closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

As a frontman James is WAAAY better than Dave.

Also ...And Justice For All, Black Album and Load all had good material. You can still like it even if it is mainstream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

I like the recent Simpsons a lot. Silly humour. "Bart used to watch me do this". Funny stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Please stop this from becoming another metalica vs.megadeth poll there both great bands some like one more than the other please shut up about this its been done like a thousand times.

Patricide wrote:
    Please stop this from becoming another metalica vs.megadeth poll there both great bands some like one more than the other please shut up about this its been done like a thousand times.

eh, yeah, we stopped here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3398814&postcount=26 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Anyone get pissed off when you're looking forward to the simpsons being on and then its a REALLY old episode. I know the simpsons went downhill but even the most recent are far superior to the least recent.

Advertisement