Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT BB cancellation fee?

• 21-09-2005 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

I'm getting NTL BB installed in 2 weeks time so I'm ditching EsatBT BB and my eircom phone line :D I rang EsatBT yesterday to say I wanted to cancel my BB service and they want €100 to cancel the service! I'm in a contract with them until Jan. Has anybody paid or not paid this cancellation fee? Don't want to give them €100 if I don't have to. BTW, I can't find my EsatBT contract and I'm not even sure I received one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭shamalive

I was well out of contract, and when I cancelled they still took
    90 euro on my visa....

No point in chasing them up... might as well be pissing against the wind.
    I think its in their T&C anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

https://esatbt.com/echannel/pageflows/OrderProduct/terms.jsp

Can't find anything specific in there but feel free to point it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Dilbert75 wrote:
    https://esatbt.com/echannel/pageflows/OrderProduct/terms.jsp

Can't find anything specific in there but feel free to point it out...

You need to look at 8.3 and 8.4

8.3 Where a Minimum Period is applicable, after the Minimum Period has expired, the Agreement shall continue for further periods of 1 year unless terminated in accordance with the terms and conditions herein. Either Party may terminate the Agreement (after the expiry of the Minimum Period in the case of the Customer) upon serving 14 days written notice to the other and any such termination shall be effective on the expiry of such notice period.

8.4 Notwithstanding termination for any reason whatsoever a Customer shall remain liable for all Charges due and owing (whether or not yet billed to the Customer) in respect of Service up to and until the next billing date applicable to that Service.

8.5 Customers, upon termination, acknowledge that any sums paid to BT are non-refundable, save as otherwise expressly provided herein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ive been with their BB since june so im in a term with them, but i want to cancel, so im going to expect a fee, but the one thing i need to find out from them is, when i transfered from eircom to them, with the telephone line, am i bound into a telephone line contract with them, since im taking the line out alltogether.

Advertisement