Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy WOW?

Options
  • 21-09-2005 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I've tried the PC Gamer demo and am pretty hooked. Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy a full copy? Usually www.play.com are pretty good, and they have it for £24.99 (€37).. does anywhere else beat this price?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Probably the best €37 you'll ever spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Or worst, considering what it will do to your social life, and any free time you used to have...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Hehe, I dont think Ill be able to persudae you out of it, so I will warn you that WoW Europe is having a LOT of problems at the moment. On some servers there is 30-40 mins queue during peak times, their servers are suffereing from immense lag issues and disconnects and they rarely make any sort of explanation for their problems.
    In saying that, I still play for hours each night and I am well and truly hooked. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Jumpy wrote:
    Hehe, I dont think Ill be able to persudae you out of it, so I will warn you that WoW Europe is having a LOT of problems at the moment. On some servers there is 30-40 mins queue during peak times, their servers are suffereing from immense lag issues and disconnects and they rarely make any sort of explanation for their problems.
    In saying that, I still play for hours each night and I am well and truly hooked. :)

Weird; I've been playing the demo for 10 days now and while I've seen a little lag (say, 10 seconds to loot an item), I've never seen anything that bad. What is considered "peak time"?

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

depends on the server you play on. some of us are on a medium population server terenas and there is no queues and since the recent patches lag has been fine (apart from MC we found iirc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Bladefist is a bit of a joke, dont bother rolling a new character there..

Lag spikes were ridiculous last night but apparently they found the problem. Oh well I still managed to do Jailbreak with 3 Rogues, Me(Priest) and a Warrior in 1000ms+ ping :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Myself and a friend bought copies of it for €35 each in Gamestop and bought a third for someone else... For the third time, we tried PC World and they were charging €60 for the thing!!! Shop around, and dont buy it for anything more than €40.

Btw, we bought ours in 2 Gamestops in limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

In the end I got it in Smyths (seemingly the last copy!) since 3 other stores didn't have it. €39, so it was OK - it was a must-have buy anyway. :)

P.

Advertisement