Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in rathmines

• 21-09-2005 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Heyas all,

Looking to get best value broadband in my house in rathmines, High a cap as possible, heres what i know so far:

NTL: No service available in rathmines
    Esat: Huge fee for installation cos of deposit(rediculous)
    IBB: Not sure
    Eircom: seems to be only option so far, (are they any good?)

Any other options ? thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Hi Tw0nk

Maybe try Digiweb's Metro product. Otherwise I'd recommend BT if you can manage the deposit. Otherwise UTV are ok but their cap is pretty low.

Eircom are rip-off merchants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

That looks sweet! , I hope they provide a service for rathmines, its weird the way rathmines seems to be a blackspot for communications in dub...

Yeah... I live in Clondalkin and I'm pretty much limited to ADSL, unless you call IBB an option.

Metro should be available to me in two months, so you could be lucky :) . Please post here again if you have any success with Digiweb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

mikeruurds wrote:
    Yeah... I live in Clondalkin and I'm pretty much limited to ADSL, unless you call IBB an option.

Metro should be available to me in two months, so you could be lucky :) . Please post here again if you have any success with Digiweb.

mikeruurds, rang digiweb about metro, they said its available in our area, just gotta get it installed and they are under pressure so up to 4 weeks, hope this helps...

Hey Tw0nk

Great news! Please post again once you have Metro to tell us all what you think of it. I'd really like to get it as soon as Clondalkin gets line of sight to one of their masts.

Regards

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Are you in rented accomodation? Digiweb will need to bolt stuff to your house and drill holes in walls etc. Digiweb is probably better value (if you exclude the installation cost), but Clearwire should be available in Rathmines. Seemingly a 30 day trial for a euro.

Advertisement