Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boiler Room

• 21-09-2005 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Just got my first boiler room style telephone call

Some crowd who claimed to be in Miama called Advanced Business Solutions trying to sell me shares in a regulation S company.

Regulation S is a US law where shares can be sold to off-shore investors.

I asked the lady who called was she registered with the Irish Central Bank and other questions like that, she avoided all of this and kept going back to her script.

I told her not to call me and take me off her list and hung-up

5 minutes later her manager called me trying to give me to a hard sell, again I hung up.

Its a complete and utter scam and its a pity there isn't more I can do about it.

ps.
    I feel like such a nerd registering my disgust on the internet within minutes of the event happening, but I think people should be aware these things happen

Comments

Advertisement