Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

timing belt change on 99 Focus?

• 21-09-2005 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Anybody know when the timing belt should be changed on a 99 Focus 1.6. I rang a local garage inquiring on a 70k service and the guy on the phone believed it might need the timing belt change.

thx, Bam.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Afaik, the timing belt should be changed at 100K km or after 5/6 years whichever is sooner. I think the miles is more important though. Does sound like you need to change the belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I go with that dont chance the 100k mark i got mind changed at 71k as well. Opel changed the recommended change from 70k to 35k so dont chance it.

I know on the Astra the timing belt runs with the water pump so i had to get the water pump changed as well. make sure that all related parts are changed as well.

300e for the hold lot with my local Opel Dealer Garage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ford here in Claremorris told me 100k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I don't even know what a timing belt is!!! :( Where its located or when it needs to be changed!!! And I aint even a woman!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

ouras in only approaching 50K 00 1.6, what was the quote btw...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

timing belt change for 99 focus is 100'000 or 10 years which ever comes first,your water pump should be fine,i replaced mine (W/Pump) at 94'000 miles & it was still perfect.
    my friends 2000 astra had to replace the water pump at 30'000 as it was starting to leak :p

Advertisement