Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

modem hijacking

• 21-09-2005 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hi ,

I use dialup for the net and have a problem when trying to connect.
    The connect settings number keeps changing to a 006 number (apperently somewhere in the south pacific!). I can change it back to the correct settings but next time I startup the 006 number reappears. I have run upto date spyware and anti virus gaurds but to no avail - any ideas (short of a complete hard drive reconfig?!). I'm using xp.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Hard Drive reconfig??
    Are you nuts?
    Just delete the connection, boot into safe mode and run a virus check (I use AVG)
    Then back into normal mode and create a new connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Go with the scan i assume u mean re-install and you dont
    want to do that trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

And as a preventitive: Visit only more trustworthy prawn-appreciation sites :p

do you, or members of your family, use the telephone line for international calls normally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 PoiBoi_Patch

1. use a good firewall
    2. Never use any of Nortorn or Mccafree products
    3. Do not enter naked lady sites ( theyre only hairy men )
    4. Sygate and Nod32 are the absolute best combination to use
    5. like Garth V said safe mode, delete connection, windows mode, throw up a new connection

Advertisement