Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber Flooring

Options
  • 21-09-2005 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I am loking for a place that sells solid/semi solid timber flooring at a good price in the Dublin/Meath area.

Also... can solid flooring be floated on a concrete floor or does it need to be raised off the floor?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭patrido

dublin...
    noyeks newmans
    brooks thomas (think they have a sale on, or had one recently)

meath...
    tubs and tiles in navan
    some place on railway st, about 3 doors down from the loft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

patrido wrote:
    dublin...
    noyeks newmans
    brooks thomas (think they have a sale on, or had one recently)

meath...
    tubs and tiles in navan
    some place on railway st, about 3 doors down from the loft.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Des Kelly Navan further up from Loft on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I am loking for a place that sells solid/semi solid timber flooring at a good price in the Dublin/Meath area.

Also... can solid flooring be floated on a concrete floor or does it need to be raised off the floor?
    Junckers wood floors can be floated...they are clipped together though.
    Most other solids are secret nailed into battens

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

A little outside your area but Finn McCarthy and sons Prosperous, Kildare have prefinished solid oak at under €21 per sq yard. I have used it and its very good. Didnt find anything cheaper.

You can float on concrete buts its very hard to get the boards all tight. Unless your very tight for space its easier to nail down 3 inch strips of 3\4 plywood and nail wood to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

You can also use adhesive such as sikabond (Chadwicks). A bit messy but well worth it especially if you don't want to raise the floor.

Drop me a PM or post if you want more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

We bought our semi solid maple floors here
    http://www.woodworkers.ie/

Got them put down last week and they are great. Floor layer reckons they are great quality

Dools

Advertisement