Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mailing List Newsletters

Options
  • 21-09-2005 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi there, does anyone know the best way to tackle this .... considering there are size limitations involved, is there any way to work around this ??
    Would like to have about 3000-8000 words and about 5-6 pics.
    Have anyone send on before/currently sending one ??

Any suggestions are welcome !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

What exactly are you trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Send a newsletter to to a members group .... but i want to format it (i suppose have it looking like a webpage) and have alot more than 1mb in it.

I just want it as easy as possible, so members just open their mail and read, so they dont have to go anywhere else.

I am on a mailing list for Macromedia and its something like that, that i'm after.

Any ideas ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are plenty of mailing list software applications available both server-side and desktop. On the desktop I would recommend Groupmail.

What do you mean by "and have alot more than 1mb in it." ?
    I hope you don't mean that you intend sending emails bigger than 1mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Email marketing stats show that people don't generally read much beyond 500 words in an email newsletter and only click about 2-3 links in total.

I use campaignmonitor.com to handle my email marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Anyone who sends emails >1mb should be shot.

• Advertisement

Figment wrote:
    Email marketing stats show that people don't generally read much beyond 500 words in an email newsletter and only click about 2-3 links in total.

I use campaignmonitor.com to handle my email marketing.

500 words ... point taken, good advice ... thanks for that.

I am going to use this for it !!

The 1mb would be a video clip (not all the time) but sending with the mail isn't an option so, i'll have it uploaded and link to it.

The problem i am having now is that when i send a HTML mail (sent to a small group to test) not everyone can see it.

I recieve a newsletter from Marcomedia and i can see it (html version) no problems ... but when i send a test html mail to myself, no joy. I have a mate using imail (MAC) and he can see the same mail perfectly.

Any ideas what to do ??

I just want to post this article .... it is about the HTML code used in newsletters !!

Should be helpful !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Sorry to go off topic, you from cork and skate? You at the Op often?

Webmonkey wrote:
    Sorry to go off topic, you from cork and skate? You at the Op often?

Ahh no i'd say !!

Advertisement