Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nokia Car Kit

Options
  • 21-09-2005 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

I need to get myself a nokia car kit, I have someone to do the installation, but I am at a loss as to what I need to buy.

I called a few of the 'usual' companies that are charging over €200 (with out installation) for the gear .. but can't tell me the part numbers of the kit.

I am looking at getting the stuff from expansys.ie and it seems reasonable, but I don't know what to buy.

In essence I need, either a wired or bluetooth (phone is nokia 6320), with a cradle that will charge the phone.

Can any one offer any advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Go to nokia.ie, look up your phone, then click enhancements and it will tell you what kit you need. I would recommend these guys, http://www.dashmount.co.uk/ . I recently needed to get a new data cable for my phone kit and these guys were the easiest to find that had the cable. Anywhere I tried here told me I would need to get a whole new kit. I called them on wednesday to order the cable and I had it friday morning. If you have a vat number they drop the vat at source too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i just got myself a ck7w the bluetooth carkit.

who would you recommend for installation.pm me if u have a number
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

Pretty sure that the phone shops sell these for around 180. Try carphone wharehouse or vodafone.

It's the ck7w that you want. I know our local auto electricians supplies and installs for 200.

Keep ringing, you're obviously ringing the wrong places. And if your buddy who is doing the install can't tell you what parts you need, get someone else to do the install.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

its not a buddy of mine, I got a voucher for an installation through my job from one of the usual companies, they will install a kit bought elsewhere but when you quiz them as to part numbers they suddenly don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I have seen some of the nokia b/tooth sets on-line but I am not sure if they include the cradle and powercable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

The CK7W doesn't come with the aerial or cradle. If you need the cradle the part number is MBC-15S (for 6230).
    The aerial is usually included in the install. Double check this.

If you want to route the sound output through your car speakers instead of through the tinny little thing under the dash you'll probably need an ISO adapter cable for your headunit. The type of cable required is different for each car/headunit make. If your headunit is ISO compatible you may not need an adaptor. Try here for the part number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement