Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get NTL or any ADSL? What do you recommend for games in Portobello area?

• 21-09-2005 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Just got eircom to install a line today. Checked the number on all the ADSL providers websites and it says my excahange (Rathmines) is not BB suitable.

What options do i have now guys?

I've been playing alot of CSS in ED Premier and was looking forward to a better connection than my old Esat 1mb/128kb connection. Now even that looks good compared to me 0/0 connection :(

Want a good gaming connection. See IBB getting a lot of stick. Plus its expensive for me.

Please advise me how to proceed. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Check out www.digiweb.ie or www.clearwire.ie.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah I live in portobello and I have clearwire, PM me if you want me to do some ping tests for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Woody_FX wrote:
    Just got eircom to install a line today. Checked the number on all the ADSL providers websites and it says my excahange (Rathmines) is not BB suitable
    Thats too soon to know if your line is suitable or not. The online tests only check the Eircom database so your line wouldn't have been tested yet and wouldn't be in the database. The automated tests are run once a month and then the database is updated.
    Ring Eircom and get them to do a proper test for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

Digiweb have a few offers. They have a 4mb 1mb offer. Didnt think we had that in Ireland yet. Whats there metro offer all about. Its says over radio waves... how is that for lag? Need my service to be fast. Anybody using Digiweb? How do you find it?

Advertisement