Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WE:9 Hands on preview (PSP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

slowdown would be the major thing to annoy me on PES. I watched a vid of PES /WE on the PSP recently, and it looked fairly fluid. Although there was no sound, in fact lack of commentary might be a good thing (it does get repetitive, so I switched it to Spanish on the xbox), but as long as their is some crowd f/x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

2 stadiums ?
    wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

couldnt give a damn about the lack of stadiums but

no master league?
    slowdown during play?

hmmmmmmmmmm, might reconsider might footballing options for the PSP

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Listen, I've played this. It's MILES better than FIFA. And who cares how many stadia there are? All you need is a rectangle of grass to play a match on tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

how much slowdown did you experience?

• Advertisement

None at all.
    The game loads faster than most I've played too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

there is slow down but only really when making subs ie theres load times i dont think there is actual gameplay slowdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

it got 9/9/9/9 from famitsu ( havent a clue what each is for ! ;) ) , but that cant be a bad thing can it. The ppl who dont like it are the ppl who are expecting way too much, everyone would like a version the same as the ps2/xbox but its a psp not a ps2. No master league is the only thing i find bad about it. The link below has a some posts about it:

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=46914&page=1&pp=10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thats the thing tho psp hardware is basically ps2 when run at full speed, this is a bit annoying the ML is what helps make it a decent 1 player game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

i've played this too and there definately is slowdown..
    just after a freekick or corner is taken, where ya have 15+ players in the box, is where it's noticed most..
    but i was kind of expecting this.. (didn't the ps2 also experience slowdown?)
    also, no commentery? this is a bonus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

No ML is the thing that has m reallu upset though....I mean, I dont know if I can see myself playing the game at all in single player really. You can only play leagues so much before you get bored.

ML IS the single player mode in pro evo. WHY exactly couldnt it be included ? Would it be so hard ? Very anoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

They probably didn't fit the ML on WE9 because of limited size on the UMD? Dunno if that would be the case but thats all I can think of

kensutz wrote:
    They probably didn't fit the ML on WE9 because of limited size on the UMD? Dunno if that would be the case but thats all I can think of

How much space could it take ? All the teams & players are there...why would the ability to transfer etc take up much more space ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

kensutz wrote:
    They probably didn't fit the ML on WE9 because of limited size on the UMD?

i too am stumped at why they didn't include the master league..
    the full game comes in at just under 1gig.. and a umd can hold 1.8gigs of data, so it's not the size..
    maybe it would have slowed the game down even more had they included it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

[nicK] wrote:
    i too am stumped at why they didn't include the master league..
    the full game comes in at just under 1gig.. and a umd can hold 1.8gigs of data, so it's not the size..
    maybe it would have slowed the game down even more had they included it?
    Ya that's really a bummer:( they could always have lowered the graphics a bit and stuck in the ML if that was the case. bah....exhibition matches it is then for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

all this talk has me feeling a bit down now. what's fifa like, or is that unknown atm?

all this talk has me feeling a bit down now. what's fifa like, or is that unknown atm?

I know what you mean....really ****ing anoyed about the master league.

I played fifa. It was awful. It might have been the older one though (2005). Didnt run well at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

The psp version developers were probably busy with the ps2 version at the same time so probably didnt have a lot of time to put into it. Football manager 2006 is only being made by 4 ppl from the pc version development team so looks like we'll have to get used to ports with some features missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

since the psp and ps2 have essentially the same architecture (hell, the psp's chip is better then a ps2's), porting is pretty much a copy/paste job. it's just getting it all to run smoothly with limited graphics capabilities that's the issue

• Advertisement
Advertisement