Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions for Dublin city centre GP / Dentist

• 21-09-2005 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

It’s been close to six years since I’ve been to a dentist and over a decade since I’ve needed to visit a GP for anything, so I suspect it’s probably time I went in for checkups for both. Given that I’ve not been in so long (and my former GP retired/died some time ago) I’d like to know if anyone could suggest and/or recommend a GP and/or dentist in Dublin City Centre (I live in Dublin 3).

Here’s the crux however - while I technically live in Dublin I work abroad and am only in Dublin on weekends, so realistically the dentist/GP in question would have to be open for appointments on weekends.

Any suggestions (including prices as I’ve no idea how much any of this costs anymore) welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

[off topic but I should have the right because it's TC]

AHAHAHA YOU'RE GETTING OLD!!!! That's the only reason for a sudden moment of "Jesus I must go to the dentist/doctor/VD clinic". Let the pointing and laughing begin.

[/off topic but I should have the right because it's TC]

OR... you could try and see a doctor/dentist in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Go it in the UK, G. You can buy me a beer with the savings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ok... thats good advice for him but i was atcually hoping someone would give out a few good doctors/dentists... preferably in ranelagh, artane or city center. it has also been an age since i had myself checked. and i'm not that old right so don't start ;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

AHAHAHA YOU'RE GETTING OLD!!!! That's the only reason for a sudden moment of "Jesus I must go to the dentist/doctor/VD clinic". Let the pointing and laughing begin.
    That’s just plain mean. However, fortunately I’m a man, so I’m not that worried.
    OR... you could try and see a doctor/dentist in the UK?
    I’d considered it, but I suspect I wouldn’t get a chance due to work commitments.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

*snigger*
    I won't ban you this time majd, cos it's TC :D

I would deffo make an effort to see a dentist in the UK - you'll save a fortune

I got some work done by John the dentist (can't remember his last name)
    I was happy with his work, so I recommend him.
    Knowing where you live, he's 5/10 mins on the bus out to Palmerstown, bus stop will drop you almost to the door
    phone: 6235880
    don't know if he's open on sat, but no harm in calling to see.
    as for getting a doctor open on a saturday in Ireland
    good luck with that!
    very good medical centre in Chapelizod though if you go during the week....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.erha.ie/news/315.php?nCatId=412&nNewsId=315&subCat=&subCat_id=

The above link is the listing of all the local heath clincs in dublin.
    I would suggesting ringing your local one and requesting a list of the gps
    in the area and their consulting hours.
    The local health nurse if you can get to speak to her will have a good knowledge
    of the local gps and make a suggestion.

Even if you have had no illness that require medical treatment a 3 yearly check
    up is recamended for all adults; esp those that are sexually active.
    A full medical work up will be expsensive but worthwhile for the ease of mind
    and to ensure that nothing is missed at a begin stage and becomes chronic
    and hard to treat later.

Advertisement