Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nwoahm?

• 21-09-2005 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Who do you think are the best band coming from the New Wave Of American Heavy Metal?

I'd prob hav to go with Trivium as they're great at playin both technically and fast.
    They're songs have so many differant riffs, interluedes and harmonies that I think they're on their way to becoming a huge act.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well, seeing as I will not dignify the ridiculous classification that is NWOAHM, I'll just re-arrange the question into something else. So, in reply to the question that is what are the best new band coming from America, I'll say Mastodon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Methinks I will agree with Mister Hungus on that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Who do you think are the best band coming from the New Wave Of American Heavy Metal?

I'd prob hav to go with Trivium as they're great at playin both technically and fast.
    They're songs have so many differant riffs, interluedes and harmonies that I think they're on their way to becoming a huge act.
    Just because they have alot of riffs, harmonies and solos etc doesnt automatically mean they are a great band. This whole NWOAHM is totally passing me by, its just crap. Vocals on chimera, shadows fall and trivium especially REALLY annoy me, and yet i love Max era sepultura, pantera and alot of black metal etc, go figure. Im going to trivium with some friends on friday so ill see what all the hype is about once and for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I tend to use my own wording for all this NWOAHM, CRAP suffices :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I'm not quite sure what determines if a band is a NWOAHM group or not but a couple of US bands I've been listening to and enjoying recently are The Dillinger Escape Plan and Killswitch Engage.

Edit: and Mastodon of course but that should go without saying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement