Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

topshop in dublin??

• 21-09-2005 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

well, is there? i don't remember ever having been in a topshop in dublin...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Yes. In the Jervis. And I'd say it's not the only one, but I don't really know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

grafton street? down towards the AIB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

yeah there's one on grafton st i think!!

i know that this is totally irrelevant...but is anyone's msn not working or is it just mine???

yeah there's one on grafton st i think!!

i know that this is totally irrelevant...but is anyone's msn not working or is it just mine???
    mine's down, it's most likely down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

As far as shops go i wouldn't really rate it as top though/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Cremo wrote:
    mine's down, it's most likely down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

There's one in Jervis and a new one being opened where Habitat used to be on the Green.

There is not a topshop on Grafton Street (I think you're thinking of River Island.)

just so you know mine's back up again :D

dublindude wrote:
    There is not a topshop on Grafton Street (I think you're thinking of River Island.)

ahh that's the one, well they both are similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Square s.c, blanch s.c, Clerys 2nd floor, liffey valley s.c, dundrum s.c (me thinks..), jervis centre and as already mentioned coming soon to an ex habitiat store near you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Cremo wrote:
    just so you know mine's back up again :D

It has been going on and off all day.

There is a topman in liffey valley i think...or maybe that is a burton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

electric69 wrote:
    It has been going on and off all day.

There is a topman in liffey valley i think...or maybe that is a burton.

No, Topman/Topshop is there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I was shopping in Topshop today and was quite shocked by the amount of skangers browsing around the place.

Is it becoming the new Champion Sports? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I used to hate topshop but I think the clothes have gotten much nicer lately and aren't as ridiculously overpriced as they used to be.

I can't wait for the huge Topshop to open on Stephens Green!
    If it's anything like the flagship store on Oxford St in London it'll be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Am using my boyfriends account..

There's a massive new Topshop store opening in the old habitat, on the 1oth of November. It's like their Oxford Circus branch and is going to be their Irish flagship. There's going to be six up and coming young Irish designers selling exclusively through them (but don't say I told you!) plus Joanne hynes and Antonia Cambell Hughes, and a vintage section.

Sad, but I can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Topshop vintage clothing tends to be ugly and overpriced. The Oxford Street one sells it and it's just overpriced rags imo. Topshop has some nice ranges that I haven't seen in Ireland though like Topshop Unique, a kind of funkier range to the usual stuff.

One reason I love Topshop is that it doesn't hike the prices up like mad in Ireland. Accessorize and River Island do this and I refuse to buy anything in them when I'm in Ireland. Why buy the same things for far more over there?

Any news on the big H&M in town yet? There better be one before I come back for college! Since I've moved to England most my wardrobe is H&M. At any given time I'll have at least one piece from there on me. Sad but true. The basics and the funkier stuff just rock so much. I have 4 H&Ms within my reach and it's fantastic.

But H&M in Ireland is utter sh*te. I was in H&M in Nottingham during the week and it confirmed my thoughts that they send all the crap that doesn't sell in the UK stores over to Ireland.

I've been to the one in Dundrum about four times now and NEVER seen anything I want to buy. Never have this problem in the UK stores.

Now, does anyone know when the Stephens green Topshop is opening? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Maybe that'd be a good thing for me. Also there's now an Urban Outfitters and a Krispy Kreme in Birmingham too. My money is just disappearing. I'm going to have the best wardrobe when I get back to Dublin though.

This is all I could find on the big new Topshop.

I live 5 mins away from stephens green, i'm gonna walk around and see if there's any sign saying when they expect to open

there is no sign/opening date outside :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Yep. Just Jervis and a Topman in Clearys. I used to work in one of them.

Not a very fashionable place.

The new store will be opening on Thursday, the 10th of November. Apparently there is a press opening the night before, then it opens to the public at midday. I'm one of the young irish designers stocking in the new store so I know the date to the minute!

5 weeks, 3 days and 14 hours!

Is everyone looking forward to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

The one in Dundrum is in House of Fraser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Theres a new h+m opening on henry street just before xmas across from marks+sparks where the old easons was-cant wait.
    Am just dying for the new topshop to open-really do buy all my clothes there cos its the only place that has nice tall ranges!even though the sizes can be a bit dodgy in the jeans-usually im a size 10 but i find with topshop jeans there always really really tight round the top and then really really baggy everywhere else!

Is everyone looking forward to it?

Not really. is it taking 5 weeks to gather up all the crap no one wants to buy in the UK stores so they can send it to the Irish?

That's a bit out of line eth0_, considering I did mention that I was one of the young Irish designers being stocked in the store.

It's hardly going to be a roundup of all of the stuff that isnt sold in the English store then is it? Or are you trying to say that
    the work of the young Irish designers is crap that no one wants to buy in England?

That's a bit out of line eth0_, considering I did mention that I was one of the young Irish designers being stocked in the store.

It's hardly going to be a roundup of all of the stuff that isnt sold in the English store then is it? Or are you trying to say that
    the work of the young Irish designers is crap that no one wants to buy in England?

I think you misunderstood me. I love H&M and was really looking forward to them opening in Dundrum, but i've been there several times and they stock utter sh*te, it's as if they collect up the crappy clothes none of the people in the UK will buy and ship them over to the Irish store.

Nothing to do with them having Irish designers in the new store - that's a great thing and good luck with your collection!

I've just been extremely unimpressed with H&M in Ireland thus far and so I don't hold much hope for this new store being much better.

Advertisement