Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lighting Control

Options
  • 21-09-2005 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Looking at a simple lighting control system and wondering if anybody has any experiences. I like this product as it seems simple http://www.centralite.com/products/LiteJet/index.aspx and the cost is just over 3k. Anyone use this or something similiar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

it's an american product but looks ok for a basic setup.the dimmers need suitable incandescent/low voltage lighting (back to the future!).you could achieve some of the same effects with a rf remote control,plug-in-transceiver and a few relays, and a contact on the burglar alarm panel to activate some lighting at a fraction of the cost.as with this system if you wire your lights and keypads etc. back individually to a common location you have unlimited options later . the same goes for the phone/tv/ data/camera/audio/alarm wires in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Thanks for the feedback, they do have a european version that operates at 220V. On the dimming it will dim any normal lighting circuit I think except of course energy efficient or fluorescent bulbs.

I agree regarding homerunning all wiring - its the switching element I thought was interesting as any switch can be programmed to control any light or group of lights. My drawings have lines everywhere with regard to which switches control which lights..

It might be an expensive luxury though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭patrido

judging from the last few months on the uk home automation mailing list...
    cbus by clipsal seems to be a very popular home automation system with lots of add on modules, etc. it seems to be somewhere between cheapo x10 and the mega expensive systems.

comfort is primarily an alarm system with lots of lighting/home automation features.

futronix dimmers for multiple channel lighting control and scene lighting.

Advertisement