Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music from Tipperary Water Concern Ad - GTA Related

Options
  • 21-09-2005 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know the name of the tune that's featured in the current Tipperary Water/Concern advert on RTE. It's a very mellow tune and was featured in the original Grand Theft Auto soundtrack.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Go to the music section!!ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Electric, what is your problem dude? You've been nothing but negative and argumentive since you first appeared! If you had been a boards user for long, you would know that After Hours is a perfectly acceptable place to ask such a question.

And please, mind your language, there are kids about! :D

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are %100 WRONG!..i only get annoyed with stupid posts like this....and to prove im right if you look a few threads down from this one you will see basically the same question asked and it was moved by the mods....as im sure this will be :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Electric, he only asked a simple question. Bit of whisht from you.

Eo, you mentioned GTA? there is a radio online (google gta radio) that has all the tracks on it. Maybe you can find it that way. If you know any lyrics of the song, google them, you'll find it easier that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

eo980 wrote:
    If you had been a boards user for long, you would know that After Hours is a perfectly acceptable place to ask such a question.

Um yeah 4 years experience on Boards compared to a month, I'd expect you (eo980) would know best. Then again if I were posting that question I'd of posted it to the television forum...but thats only cause I've seen threads there that were similar to this.

edit: try www.visit4info.com or www.whatsthattune.co.uk

• Advertisement

If he posted it in the music forum i would be more than happy to assist him in any way...but all he is doing is creating work for the mods...i would image it will be locked very soon....

Look, bickering over what forum it should be in is silly. Maybe he didn't think of posting it in the tv or music forum. Don't make so much of a big deal about it - He just wants to know the name of the song in the ad.

dlofnep wrote:
    Eo, you mentioned GTA? there is a radio online (google gta radio) that has all the tracks on it. Maybe you can find it that way. If you know any lyrics of the song, google them, you'll find it easier that way.

Many thanks for that dlofnep, I wasn't aware of that so will do that straight away. One of the reasons I had posted this here is that I find the folks in After Hours, generally to be among the most helpfull, which you've just gone and proven. It's much appreciated.
    rb_ie wrote:
    Then again if I were posting that question I'd of posted it to the television forum...but thats only cause I've seen threads there that were similar to this.

Perhaps you have rb, I'm sure you have. But I have seen threads such as mine on After Hours, that stayed there, weren't moved and garnered the information required.
    Perhaps it will be moved- I have no idea, but based on past experiance, I didn't think it would be a problem to post here.

Might I add that the games section is another area I could have posted it, as it is related to GTA!!! :eek:

I believe the previous thread about the Miller Ad music was locked because there was already a thread about it, I personally have never seen a thread about this specific topic (granted I have only been here a year) so with any hope it'll be left open until the question has been answered.

dlofnep: Don't really care what forum its posted to, just pisses me off that some guy who's been here a whole month is trying to correct someone who's been on boards four years.

eo980 wrote:
    Might I add that the games section is another area I could have posted it, as it is related to GTA!!! :eek:

Actually, which GTA are ya referring to?
    I've RTE on now in hope to see the ad you're talking about.

• Advertisement

Hurrying everyone along - - - - - >> Fair enough rb, your right on that last subject, we all know t
    what the score is, lets move it along before it is moved or locked by a mod for bickering/off topic etc!!!! :eek:
    Quick Quick- we know they're ruthless!!!

eo980 wrote:
    Hurrying everyone along - - - - - >> Fair enough rb, your right on that last subject, we all know t
    what the score is, lets move it along before it is moved or locked by a mod for bickering/off topic etc!!!! :eek:
    Quick Quick- we know they're ruthless!!!

Lol, so which GTA is it!??The only music I can remember from any GTA(and I have all of them) is from the very first one, that country song "men all found their women scary, cause they were so big and hairy"....its stuck in my head now... :D

Ah alright RB, sorry, misunderstanding there buddy.

EO, if you know even three words from the song, type "the lyrics here" + lyrics into google. It should find the song.

Night lads.

Ahh the first one was classic. Well the problem with the piece of music I'm looking for is that it's instrumental, there ain't no lyrics!!! It's a group humming, with waves or something like that in the background. My knowledge of how music actually works isn't great, but along with the humming there is a rythemic symbol sound. Percussion I guess you'd call it.

Night dlofnep- thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

oh i know what song your on about, it was kinda like an intermission song, but longer, im nearly positive there was somewhere where you could find the song info, ive lost my gta manual there is a list of tracks in the back of it, but i dont think its like the newer versions of gta where the tracks were listed in play pattern.
    i actually like that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

So WHICH ****ing GTA is the track from?
    Help us out here.

Wertz wrote:
    So WHICH ****ing GTA is the track from?
    Help us out here.

lol the question still remains unanswered, even after me posting it twice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest Boadicea by Enya.

I don't recall the advert... but the humming and wave sounds make me think of that track anyway.

EDIT:
    Here's a midi of the track anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

hmmm...he mentions the original GTA in his initial post; I have to assiume that he means GTA3, and almost no tracks from any of those radio stations spring to mind when he describes them. There's a few that spring to mind on the VC radios though...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

eo980 wrote:
    If you had been a boards user for long, you would know that After Hours is a perfectly acceptable place to ask such a question.
    Really? Then why did I move it? :)

• Advertisement

Ahh Seamus Seamus Seamus,

That's just cruel man. I have seen threads like this on After Hours, but I'm not going to say anymore than that. Your the mod, and you must be obeyed.

I have Boadicea monkeyfudge and it's not that tune. It's from the very first GTA on the original PlayStation, you know the top down game!!

Seamus this is why I posted in the After Hours forum, it was being answered there, it was moving along nicely. As the music was used in a videogame originally and gamers frequent that forum, there was a higher possibility of it being answered.
    Since the thread was posted here it's died. People were commenting, giving suggestions etc but alas no-more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mo_thoin

Wertz wrote:
    hmmm...he mentions the original GTA in his initial post; I have to assiume that he means GTA3, and almost no tracks from any of those radio stations spring to mind when he describes them. There's a few that spring to mind on the VC radios though...
    I think he means the original GTA that was on the playstation 1 tbh.
    the original music on GTA was playable on a CD player, so stick the disc in and listen to all the tracks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

eo980 wrote:
    Seamus this is why I posted in the After Hours forum, it was being answered there, it was moving along nicely. As the music was used in a videogame originally and gamers frequent that forum, there was a higher possibility of it being answered.
    Since the thread was posted here it's died. People were commenting, giving suggestions etc but alas no-more!

You might want to look at the new Afterhours Charter...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304451

Six fuppin years later and I found it! It's called 'Blow Your Console' by CCC Featuring Robert DeNegro. The piece I was interested in starts at 6:39.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

I love happy endings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

All's well that's locked well. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement