Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My So-Called Life

• 21-09-2005 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Does anyone remembermy-so called life? THe best TV show ever after Lost of course!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Never actually watched it! A friend of mine went to get the R1 DVD set recently and I was gonna borrow it, but it was a small enough print run and it's all been bought up and it's quite expensive on secondary market, so meh -- I'm just never meant to see it ;)
    THe best TV show ever after Lost of course!!

And not to diss 'My So-Called Life', but I don't think 'Lost' is the best TV show ever by a wide margin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Great series.

A bit too teenagery but still a great.

Not sure Lost is as great as all that but it has people hooked. It's kind of like a comic book story. I like comics so that isn't an insult, underated story telling medium IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Not sure Lost is as great as all that but it has people hooked.

Yeah I don't dislike 'Lost', it's good, but it's not 'Best Ever' material imo.
    It's kind of like a comic book story. I like comics so that isn't an insult, underated story telling medium IMHO

I could see 'Lost' in comic format - esp. after the Spanish comic the black kid had in the show with the polar bear panel ;) Comics are a great story-telling medium, but I still prefer TV :)

TCamen wrote:
    Yeah I don't dislike 'Lost', it's good, but it's not 'Best Ever' material imo.

I could see 'Lost' in comic format - esp. after the Spanish comic the black kid had in the show with the polar bear panel ;) Comics are a great story-telling medium, but I still prefer TV :)

I can see the whole thing could be revealed as a comic in a Prisoner type ending with the kid being the only survivor of a plane crash :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

That's the fastest I've ever seen a thread go off topic :p

I loved MSCL, mostly because of Clare Danes, but it hasn't aged terribly well. I have the boxset, and have watched it once, more for old times sake than anything else. The christmas special is still a fine piece of television, and for its time, it did have some pretty controversial storylines (teenage alcoholism, homeosexuality, etc), but a lot of teenage television has surpassed it since.

• Advertisement

corblimey wrote:
    That's the fastest I've ever seen a thread go off topic :p

I loved MSCL, mostly because of Clare Danes, but it hasn't aged terribly well. I have the boxset, and have watched it once, more for old times sake than anything else. The christmas special is still a fine piece of television, and for its time, it did have some pretty controversial storylines (teenage alcoholism, homeosexuality, etc), but a lot of teenage television has surpassed it since.
    Yeah the OC deals with the pressing issues of the times? :D

No Hollyoaks is better , wait actually I don't think anything based in the real teenage world that came after that has surpassed it. Did I miss some shows?

Degrassy Junior High was actually quite good for such topics for teens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I loved that show!
    I watched it every week & was always hopin she'd hook up with Jared Leto!
    Bless!
    Loved Rayanne too!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hunter S

I bought the DVD a few years back, worth quite a bit now, i love it Jordan Cadalano never gets any less pretty!! Sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

I got the DVD too. Loved Rayannes kick ass attitued as for Jared Leto...mmm....
    Never seen the O.C.

Advertisement