Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pi$*ed off with Ebay!!

• 21-09-2005 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

:confused:
    i purchased a jumper off ebay in around june.... still waiting on it. when i didnt receive it i contacted the seller, he said hed send another one on, this happened twice. i still havnt received anything and its too late to open a dispute. i purchased from him previously and had no trouble. just wondering if i can do anything. ive tried to contact him again but hes not responding!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,380 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Nothing

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

If you have paid by paypal you could contact your card company and try a chargeback - they usually have a 45day minimum period for a vendor to perform so at least you would have waited that long. A quick call will cost very little but may save a few bob.

That is a killer. And I blame ebay for not educating people enough about what to do if things go wrong especially the "statute of limitations". I always advise people to allow a week or so for delivery from the UK and then start to query whats happening. Things do get lost or delayed but one of my colleagues had items that didn't ship to him until he mentioned that he was going to check what paypal could do. The same guy had to do a chargeback on another item after the seller claimed he was unable tofigure out how to do a refund.

Unfortunately (and it makes sense from a business perspective) ebays info on what to do if you're a buyer who isn't getting his goods is vague, non-alarming and a bit scattered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 stressedout

Hi Emma

If you paid by Paypal you can try and claim back the purchase costs. There is a time limit though I'm not sure what it is.

We setup an eBay shop in July and it is tough going trying to get the traffic in. Stories like this make it harder!

Good Luck and don't give up on eBay - were not all bad!

:p

Karen - Gifted
    www.giftedgifts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

We setup an eBay shop in July and it is tough going trying to get the traffic in.

A bit of pimpage doesn't hurt though eh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

thanks for the advice. hes kept me on the long finger saying he was sending replacements which i believed and which used up the limited time that i had to open a dispute. ill send him a msg sayin im going to contact paypal! yes, ebays information for people in the same boat as me is very scarce indeed!! its terrible. just checked paypal, the complaint has to be filed within 45 days of payment. i payed for this sometime in June!! :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement