Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People of Boards! We need your help! Please use the "Report this post" feature

Options
  • 21-09-2005 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

With the search down, the job of the Moderators is being made that bit harder. We depend on the search function to browse boards just as you do. Please use the "Report this post" feature (visible on each and every post under the user's profile) whenever you see something which breaches the charter or the general rules of boards; Use it even if you want to make a private comment to the moderator regarding the post/thread.

The report will not be visible to the person who made the post (unless it's the mod of that forum or an Admin). Even when the search is back up, please continue to use it.

Thanks

p.s. Be aware that (ab)using the feature to annoy the mods will earn you a site ban.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'd like to add props to the people reporting posts on FS, you guys are godsends.

Modding 26 forums is no small task, especially with the search function currently out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

26?

o_O

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

nesf wrote:
    26?

o_O
    Actually it's 22, I just had a guess ._.

(19 forums in FS, two in Digital Art / Design, and Anime/Manga)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What benefit is the search feature for modding?

John

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You can see a users previous posts, see if they're only causing trouble so you can site ban them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Ill put it on my ' to do list ' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Out of interest, do SMods and Admins get all the reports too or just the specific Mods/CMods of the forum/category in questiong?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I would like to take this oportunity to thank my network of grasses placed conviently about the Games cat and elsewhere:

Thank you!

I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Lump wrote:
    What benefit is the search feature for modding?

John

*bogggleeee* Are you kidding? It's vital. Shows previous form. Behaviourial research tool innit? Is this muppet a serial retard or just a clueless newbie who wandered into The Thunderdome because he's a fan of Tina Turner? Searching can aid that decision.

I miss search. Hurry up server delivery bastards. Regi is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

steveland? wrote:
    Out of interest, do SMods and Admins get all the reports too or just the specific Mods/CMods of the forum/category in questiong?

If you report a post the admins and the moderators get it. Not sure if smods are part of the admin mailing list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hobbes wrote:
    If you report a post the admins and the moderators get it. Not sure if smods are part of the admin mailing list.
    We get many of them. TBH, I'm not sure what the pattern is. I definitely get ones for my forums - AH, etc, but then I also receive ones for other forums, seemingly at random. I certainly don't receive every report sent every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Only know this because someone took a post out of context in the Islam forum and demanded that the forum be shut down immediatly. Devore had a wander over because of that I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Four reported posts today, 3 that stuck, good work.

Pfff, I dn't get that many muppets.

John

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

/me runs off to audio/vid

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't get any other reported posts except, strangely, one or two on the rock metal board.

Beruthiel wrote:
    /me runs off to audio/vid

Liven my day up.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gordon wrote:
    I don't get any other reported posts except, strangely, one or two on the rock metal board.
    I think if they click on the link *extra hard* it goes to all of us instead of just the mod.

Advertisement