Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE5 possibly the worst piece of programming...

Options
  • 06-08-1999 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I have never used such a useless piece of sh!te since IE1.0 FFS it crashes mos of the time, and is way slower then any other browser I had. I swear you think M$ were just taking the **** sometimes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭MrBlonde

IE5 does de businez for me....but then again so does Roseanne Barr. wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FFS Hobbes I thought u knew about Software. Why did you install that piece of crap on your system.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

K maybe its just me but I find IE5 way faster than IE4 and never have any problems with it. I used sing the praises of netscape and condemd IE but I find these days that IE is a lot better. Just my humble option

kaYoS

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Apprantly the problem stems from the fact there are varitions in DLL's in different windows 98 versions. Some versions of Win98 will screw up others won't.

Here's another thing I heard, apprantly IE5 has a problem with office 2000 that will cause error messages to appear saying you have to update your s/w when you dont

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Anyone use Opera?

I'm a communicator 4.5 type. I'd rather not, but I'm too scared of IE to change the fekker...

I'd better go to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

I dunno I find IE5 to be the best browser out there, definitely the quickest and least likely to crash. Much as I hate to say Microsoft's browser pi$$'s all over Netscape.

shank@quake.ie
    news.quake.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

it works on some systems but not on others.

Personally i think its a load of pants having given it 2 chances on my machine.

2 h/d formats later....

(i always take the drastic solution)

Advertisement