Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how many wives are you allowed?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Qadri

I'm honestly trying to get this, but it sounds like God changed his mind. If God knows everything, past present and future, surely he'd have made the no drink rule straightaway(that said, if Muslim sheiks are anything like Christian priests you'll be told, like I was, that God/Allah moves in very mysterious ways. Thanks a bunch lads. That helps clear things up ).

Allah did not change his mind. Allah is the Creator and the Creator knows everything already. He is not limited to Time or Space. He is the one who Created these. He is the All knowing.
    So why did he not make the rule straight away ? Thats a good question. The answer is simple.

Islam is a religion of peace and moderation and a religion which is according to human nature.

Now human nature is that once you are addicted to something it is generally not easy to quit that addiction directly. And to adjust yourself somewhere in another atmosphere, country or lifestyle is not a journey of one day.
    The Arabs at that time used to consume Alcohol more than the Western brothers and sisters do. The Western people drink generally more during the weekend. But the Arabs used to drink wine and biere during every meal ! They used to trade with humans and had no moral values. Baby girls were burried alive and they used to worship 360 idols in Maccah and walk around them naked. They were living in great ignorance.

Now if you look at all smokers and ask them to stop smoking immediately. A very small percentage will be able to quit directly. Most will quit temporary. This is just one addiction and one normal habbit of a smoker.

Now back to the Arabs in Makkah...If Allah (God) would reveal the whole Quran with it prohibitions and commandmends in one day and the Muslims were expected to start praying daily five times , leave alcohol, stop humiliating other humans etc. etc. than maybe only 1% of the people would be able to bring a revolution in life and change their lifes.

Allah created the humans and knows His creation very well. He knows that untill the human gets an alternative or substitute a habbit can not change or stop. So He revealed the Quran in 23 years. Step by step categorically made the Muslims stop alcohol etc.

So first He revealed that do not pray when you have consumed alcohol. The Muslims got used to this in some time. And the prayer became their substitute of Alcohol. They used to get the taste of worshipping so slowly the taste of alcohol disappeared. And than Allah prohibited the Muslims alcohol. Now this is the reason that all Muslims throw every single drop out on the streets when it became prohibited. MAny thousand liters were thrown away and the Muslims used to get the taste of worshipping (prayer) and this is why they became strong in it.

I hope that this makes it more clear.

Unfortunately I do not get somuch time to go behind the PC, I can not reply instantly on the forum. But I will try my best guys. If somebody wants to meet me personally or ask me questions on the phone I can give my mobile number.
    Please PM me for my number ( because I am not sure if its allowed to post personal numbers)

I will write an article next week on slavery and take some references from my research ( Islam & Human rights) ...so please have patient.
    As these are the last days of Ramadan and the Night of Power (Laylat-ul-Qadr) is this Saturday night. I will have a bussy weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Qadri wrote:
    He knows that untill the human gets an alternative or substitute a habbit can not change or stop. So He revealed the Quran in 23 years. Step by step categorically made the Muslims stop alcohol etc.

I hope that this makes it more clear.
    Actually that bit does.
    Please PM me for my number ( because I am not sure if its allowed to post personal numbers)
    Be careful there. Don't post your personal number on an open forum such as this. It's not the safest thing to do by any means.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Well done Qadri, I could'nt have put it any better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Osman

Greetings and peace,

Excellent Qadri. :) I can see I've missed a lot whilst I was away. I could not have put it any better myself!

Peace,

Osman

• Advertisement

Haza Min Fadli Rabbii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Qadri wrote:
    Haza Min Fadli Rabbii

Can you please translate. Thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Osman

Peace,

If I'm not mistaken, this translates into This is by the grace of my Lord or something similar.

I arrived at this conclusion by doing a Qur'an phonetic search and using my knowledge that Haza means this and Rabb means Lord I found that in verse 29:40.

Regards,

Osman

Correct!

Advertisement