Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tale of an Ore Thief

Options
  • 22-09-2005 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

My corp are using Mastakamon as a staging point for our great trek into the unkown northern regions. Theres still several freighters bringing equipment from the overpopulated southern region, so while waiting for everyone to gather i decided to do some mining.

So i jumped one of my guys into a hauler, he arrived first then went back for my destroyer and one into a barge, we used our own warp points to skip closer to the jumpgates on our way out of low security space, although someone did try lock us at the hakonen gate.

There i am in a system near new caldari, fairly heavily populated mining away. i had to dump my ore as i was mining it, so my hauler could pick it up.
    i had afairly lucrative night, there was only a few noobie ships in the belt mining, and they mine at such low speeds that they were no threat to my profit.

My hauler had just taken away 9000 cubic metres(m3) of ore when a new hauler, only an iteron 2 but big enough to take 3000m3, arrived heading straight for the mining barge....... i didnt recognize him...

while he was on approach my own hauler was dumping the ore in a local mining station, where i had stowed my destroyer.

Now i had kitted out my destroyer in a very cunning way, 2 basic mining lasers, a close range rocket launcher and 4 150mm Gauss cannons, these things could drop his shields in 1 salvo from 25 kilometres, and savage him before he had a chance to jump.

i swapped ships and headed back to the belt in my destroyer, looking oh so innocent i started to mine near the hauler, it didnt take long for the meager cargo space(lots of it was taken up by rockets and shells for my guns) so i dumped what i had. Sure enough he came over and took it like the punk he was.

That wasnt enough tho, he saw me mining with my destroyer and guessed i didnt have any more guns, so he threatened to blow me up if i didnt drop some cash in his account. i laughed so hard i thought i had busted a blood vessel, then i replied 'go to hell you ore stealing asshole'. He fired the first shot, which did an impressive 10% damage to my shields....lucky shot.

it took a fraction of a second for my target painter to aquire lock, he was a huge target. my return volley consisted of 4 depleted uranium gauss shells and a HE rocket....... every 4 seconds.

in moments his ship was nearly scrap, i offered to let him leave if he dumped his cargo and gave me half a million credits...... but he told me to go to hell...touche. i finished him off with just rockets as they were so fast. Then just because he had pissed me off i blew up his escpe pod too.

So ends the life of another ore thief, it took just a minute or two to go back to the station get my hauler then return, i have tosay the cargo he left behind fetched me a pretty penny on the market, plus the scraps of his ship went into the collection i was doing for my new cruiser.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

on a side note i have 3 14 day trial keys if anyone is interested send me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

jaggeh wrote:
    on a side note i have 3 14 day trial keys if anyone is interested send me a pm

rofl, you whore :P

nice job though. so many times I wished I could have done something like that in my 14 day trials. Why do people insist on stealing ore, though more importantly why do people insist on mining with no defences :)

Quite the story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

He makes it sound more exciting then it actually is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Hobbes wrote:
    He makes it sound more exciting then it actually is though.

hehe .. too true ... mind you i am thinking of playing it again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

nice story ... makes me kinda want to play again aswell.... hmm to stop playing wow and play eve once more.. *rubs chin*

• Advertisement
Advertisement