Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving out for first time..what do i need to know?

Options
  • 22-09-2005 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

hi all,

Am moving out home to rented accomadation. Ive no of this experience, am only beginning my search. on top of rent, what other bills would i be expected to pay? When looking at places, what are the most important things to look for?

any advice apreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Location, Location, Location ... is it safe area to be walking around etc...Is it near bus stops/train....is local shop nearby for milk bread etc...is Major Supermarket within reasonable distance, how far is it from city centre/work etc... Is there a pub nearby.

Double Check Location ....Check out the place at night as well, what may look great at 3pm might be a warzone at midnight.

The property itself .... Is it big enough, is it clean, is it safe/secure, what are cooking, bathroom facilities like, are there plenty pots and pans etc...

4. Who else is in the house, what are your first impressions of them, what do they work at, do they smoke etc...

What is rent ? Monthly/Weekly? Deposit arrangements. Lease details

What is landlord like? Nothing worse than a bolix of a landlord.

7. Remember, especially as you are living at home, you have plenty choice at the moment, it's a renters market if you can bide your time. Don't be afraid to negotiate rent downwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

bills would be gas, phone, electricity, services charges, tv license.....mainly look at size of room that is on offer and whether or not it fits your needs...also have to agree location is key.....also if you have a car is parking included...on-street, off-street......also how many people are in the property

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭minnie_mouse

thanks guys, sound advice.

Advertisement