Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing variable in VBS externally

Options
  • 22-09-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

I have a contsant in a .vbs file, im trying to change it externally [from an asp page?]
    anyway ive tried using POST/GET methods in an asp forum and passing it on to the VBS file,
    problem is = i think this way il have to change it everytime, i just want it to change and get left there so when i go into the file the string inputed can be seen.
    POST/GET didnt work anyway, also they load the vbs file after changing it, which i dont want.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Is the .vbs file on the same server as the asp page? If so you could use the FileSystemObject to edit the file.

But why are you changing a constant? If the constant value depends on an external factor then maybe you should use a variable instead and include the neccessary logic in the .vbs file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

save the "constant" from your asp page to a text file. make your VB program read the constant from the text file.

Dont bother trying to change the "constant" permanently inside the VB program once the program is compiled. Thats impossible without a recompile.

Advertisement