Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opticians Online

• 22-09-2005 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

I just re ordered contacts from them. I used them about a year and a half ago and they were grand.
    I have gotten emails since that time to re order. Well this time i did.
    When I went to re order it showed the price for the same contacts as "total cost €111". When I checked the charge to the CC it was €163.
    They sent a "confirmation" email saying how long they would take and then an order number. There is no invoice of any kind or showing any total cost.
    They have an Irish number and a UK number. I called both...the Irish one gets me the voice mail for some guy and the UK number is a fax.
    Has anyone had any problems with these people before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

163 is most likely the net cost (after VAT, duty, and Shipping and handling has been added on.)

Read the small print? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    163 is most likely the net cost (after VAT, duty, and Shipping and handling has been added on.)

Read the small print? :)

But that's the thing...there was no small print...there wasn't even a total after I clicked submit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

I've just reached someone at the Irish number and the guy who answered "hello" said it was a wrong number. This seemed to be after he remembered something...like "oh yeah I've forgotten all about that scam".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

That's a pity...

I purchased a year's supply of lenses from them last year and the transaction went through without a hitch.

This year I ordered from a german seller on Ebay and was also very satisfied. I don't know what made me not return to Opticians Online, but after hearing your story I'm glad I did!

I hope that it works out for you.

Mike

Advertisement