Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish war-drivers database

• 22-09-2005 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All, just curious if my own wireless network has ever been recorded by a War-driver.. Anyone know if there is a database which includes Irish networks where you can perform a look-up? My network's been up for about a year now, and is close enough to the M50, so I figure prying eyes must have noted it at some stage...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Check the note I left on your desktop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

holy ****! if he's broadcasting from dublin to cork...

:rolleyes: bad joke! bad! down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

I saw a war drive of Galway posted on Irish-Wan once with unprotected networks removed

Tends to be published as it may attract unwanted visitors.

+its hard to sniff networks at 70mph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

wigle.net

sorry for the short reply there, i was in a rush.

yeah, wigle.net is a global database of APs databased with there GPS co-ordinates. I have all the APs for South Dublin downloaded locally onto my computer for project work in college. theres not many APs there. There is a big group around TCD and Dame street which some trinity students did last year. Theres a big line of them stretching from UCD to my house (my cycle home), and a few others spotted around. I'm also currently uploading the LUAS line from dundrum into town and my ramblings around town today. (College gave me an axim x50 for free to do this....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What are you using for GPS?

i have two. one bluetooth one which works with the axim. and one rs232 one that works with my laptop.neither are great, the bluetooth one especially. it takes about 5 minutes to warm up. and if you move it in those 5 minutes it refuses to get a location fix.

Advertisement