Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image Broadband TV & Radio Adverts "Such Bull"

• 22-09-2005 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

What do you all think of the advert campaign on the telly and radio?

Finger in the fish and chips...........

Russian models who like bald fat irish men ............

Seems a bit degrading imho !

what say you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

bump

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

what ad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

you talking about imagine by any chance? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Drapper wrote:
    What do you all think of the advert campaign on the telly and radio?

Finger in the fish and chips...........

Russian models who like bald fat irish men ............

Seems a bit degrading imho !

what say you?
    Not to mention the talking baby who for some strange reason has Jimmy McGee's dentures :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Imagine ! opsss typo

but its a load of bull ?

could a moderator please change title?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

No amount of glitzy marketing will sell that pile of crap product. And now €ircon are jumping on the limited use broadband wagon too, afraid that Imagine will lassoo all the suckers that apply because it appears cheap.

The fact is that if you are already paying line rental, BT's 1MB package is about the same price as the Imagine offering... give or take a fiver.

I think that they are trying to insult the average person's intelligence with that hyped up ****e.

One of my friends at work who is currently a BT customer for his line and calls was actually planning on calling Imagine until I informed him of what a rip-off it actually is. BT should be doing more to advertise to their own clients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

whats the point in having broadband if you have a time limit to use it, broadband was all about always on and you could use it as long as you wanted.
    take 20hrs that you are allowed to use it
    i use the net say 4hrs a night, but my sister may use it 2 or 3hrs during the day, so for arguments sake lets say 5hrs a day average, within a week you'd run up your time.

i know it may be aimed at the people who only use it twice a month or something, but who would want the worry of "oh i hope im not over my time limit" crap, BT have a 1mb package for a bit more of what they are offering, and theres no worry of time, the only thing is download limits, but the average user wont reach that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

mikeruurds wrote:
    And now €ircon are jumping on the limited use broadband wagon too

I think you'll find eircom were first on the bandwagon. Imagine came out a good while after ericom's retail offering, let alone wholesale.

Agree with the above sentiment that timed BB is not a good thing for the market.

Advertisement