Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP spotting

• 22-09-2005 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Have you seen anyone playing their psp's in strange places? Bloke at the cinema last night was playing Lumines before the film and carried on for about 10 minutes into it.

Bit odd

I play mine on the jacks all the time, and sometimes on the bus. Nothing unusual

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

in college. not too strange. keep intending to play on the bus but whenever i get on a bus it's packed.. and in such situations the last thing i want to do is take out my psp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I seen a guy walking down the street using one (dont think he was playing game) Which looked very weird.

I was on a train in January watching a film on mine and a group of young lads from a school got on the train and when they seen it, they wouldnt leave me alone for the whole journey, kept standing behind me looking at me watch a film...... very annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i havent even seen anyone else with one yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I seen a guy walking down the street using one (dont think he was playing game) Which looked very weird.

I was on a train in January watching a film on mine and a group of young lads from a school got on the train and when they seen it, they wouldnt leave me alone for the whole journey, kept standing behind me looking at me watch a film...... very annoying!

I was playing burnout on the bus the other day and the kid on front of me was looking over the back of his seat at it shouting "MAMMMMMY MAMMMMMY HE HAS A PSPPPPPPPPPPPPP, HES PLAYIN BURNOUT, HES CRAP AT IT, LOOOOOOOK"

I had to put it away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Yesterday, sitting in traffic coming up to the toll bridge, was thinking it was a pda until i held back my lane to take a proper look - think it was ridge racer, only wished I had mine with me :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Play mine at work, in bed, I played outdoors once but felt paranoid, so won't be doing that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I wouldn't think of taking mine out on a Dublin Bus, but then I am commonly on the 27....

I've seen people using them in college and thats about it. Only place I've used mine too, I'm very protective of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

When I take mine out in public in places, it'll only be in very select places like HMV, or coffee shops. Far too paranoid (as funkyflea said) of it getting nicked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i was playing mine on the dart the other day when this junkie came over and asked to play it....i let him but made sure i had my hands on it when we were arriving at stops...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

LOL I was playin mine in Dublin when I first got it and I drew a huge crowd. I was playing Ridge Racer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I play mine on the Luas most days. Earphones in usually means less having to demonstrate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 endoftheline

i played mine in work today and had to demonstrate it to half my flamin workmates. i listen to music on it all the time so i take it out every now and then in town on the bus or whatever but i'd be brickin it, the no.8 northbound in cork city ain't the nicest at times like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, I play it in work and I find it passes the time on quiet shifts. I bought it to school yesterday because I was having 2 hours of free classes. HUGH MISTAKE. wasn't left alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

I play mine pretty constantly (though often for music). I was playing wipEout o the bus the other day when a lad behind me leaned over my shoulder to get a look, best quote ever, "Vas ist das!?"

Fantastisch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Tusky wrote:
    I was playing burnout on the bus the other day and the kid on front of me was looking over the back of his seat at it shouting "MAMMMMMY MAMMMMMY HE HAS A PSPPPPPPPPPPPPP, HES PLAYIN BURNOUT, HES CRAP AT IT, LOOOOOOOK"

I had to put it away!

maybe if you were good he'd of left you alone, in fear of your uber leetness :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Plyed mine on the airplane and on the bus.

Found it impossible to hear Sin City on the airplane and could just make out Ridge Racer. Not a great flyer so a good way to pass the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Play mine in the garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

this dude jumped over the train tracks to come see mine

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

found it handy in Heathrow - watching "The Pianist" passed the time. Didn't play any games in case that young fella mentioned above was lurking behind the seat... ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

He was searching for Open wireless networks to get into ;)

Ry

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kearnsr wrote:

Found it impossible to hear Sin City on the airplane and could just make out Ridge Racer. Not a great flyer so a good way to pass the time.

Get a proper pair of earphones. The supplied phones are useless, and very quiet. Also they are white :D

I spend 15 quid on some other Sony ones. Very nice they are.

Showed mine off in work when I got it. Wasn't left alone or ages. Girl I worked with came up to me and said 'Awwww look at the bag/case' :rolleyes: When she fired up Wipeout she was turning the controller everywhich way! I think girls will find the revolution controller much to thier liking

On hte otehrhand it sells itself, 2 lads in work are buying one based on mine. Too bad I dont work there anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

kearnsr wrote:

In the Video Settings - have you increased the UMD Video Volume to +2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

was ist das!!!i nearly broke my ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've played my friend's one on the GameSoc stand during UCD Fresher's Week :)
    Lumines... and I beat his top score :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Tusky wrote:

I had to put it away!

I bet that kid ends up on herion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

I'd ditched my sony whites before I switched on my psp. Get a nice set of the black sony earbuds. Much louder and they close out most external sound. Ideal for bus play/viewing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

kearnsr wrote:
    Found it impossible to hear Sin City on the airplane and could just make out Ridge Racer.

See this...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=305046

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Was at work(In a video shop) and a guy came in playing his. While I was serving hiim he took out his cloth and wiped the screen. Nearly started laughing.

Advertisement