Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing an *.sql file into phpMYadmin

Options
  • 22-09-2005 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Im learning php and mysql from a book (php and mysql web development, by luke welling = good book by the way :) ). Anyway, one problem im having with the mysql part, is that the book uses command prompts for working with your mysql databases and im trying to do it using phpMYadmin.

The book has some example table data that i have to put into mysql and i have been doing this manually so far but im sure ive input somethings wrong. The book has a source file with it and has an *.sql file for automatically populating mysql with the required data but ive tried doing this using command prompts (and getting knowhere fast!!), so i would like to import this file into mysql using phpMYadmin. I presume this is possible, anyone know how to do it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

That is a good book.

I think if you go to the phpadmin interface, select your database and click on the top sql tab, and attach your file from there it should work

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

oh yeah - just make sure that you create your database name first!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Cheers m8, that got it sorted, now onto my next problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Man i was right, another bloody problem already :mad: . I'm trying to run the example site that is used in the book. It's the bookorama store.

When i open the index.php page i get an error saying:

'Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: mysqli in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\myphp\db_fns.php on line 5'

When i go to that file line 5 is the following:

$result = new mysqli('localhost', 'root', 'mypassword', 'book_sc');

Am i getting this error because it isint connecting to the mysql database or something? All the code should be correct because it's staright from the book's source files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kitfrog

Again, mysqli is a php5 extension only. You are most likely running php 4.

• Advertisement
Advertisement