Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Yourself

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

3rd science(undenominated)

Looking to head into micro, but i'd probably take chemistry if i could get it for fourth year

Mainly because I would be hoping for a job out of my science degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 binaryboy

4th elec eng

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Arf

Hey - I'm hopefully in my final year of PhD in experimental physics.
    For those 1st yrs looking for a blackboard site - there is one for physics for medicine, and health and safety - I've used it for when I've given grinds - it wont have your whole course covered cause they only do one semester but its a good place to start!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

1st yr arts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

finishing up 4th year applied physics should be doing my report right now. seems to be a lot of physicists/scientists/engineers on here are every other faculty that computer illiterate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Hi Boardsies I'm from UCD in the Students Union myself.Just a question who was elected for the NUI Galway students union sabbatical officers.I know Roisin McGrogan was elected Welfare Officer she'll definitely do an excellent job.What about the others? (Be nice please)

Chakar wrote:
    Hi Boardsies I'm from UCD in the Students Union myself.Just a question who was elected for the NUI Galway students union sabbatical officers.I know Roisin McGrogan was elected Welfare Officer she'll definitely do an excellent job.What about the others? (Be nice please)

Damien Corridan got president!I cant remember education officer.it was peter something though.Are you ucdsu president elect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Oh sorry no Dazzler, I'm a class rep in the SU our President Elect is Dan Hayden who was the Welfare Officer.
    Education was Brian Doyle,
    Welfare Barry Colfer,
    Deputy President was the incumbent Dave Curran who was reelected (no surprise there) and
    Entertainments was Holly Irvine.

Our website is www.ucdsu.net and if you go to "Officers" and "Welfare" thats our President Elect.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

first science...
    hoping to pass all exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I've just been accepted for the MA in Community Development starting next academic year. Looking forward to it.
    I'm a graduate of NUI Maynooth where I studied Sociology and Philosophy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭myironlung

Going into 3rd civil in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭linola_c

im headin into 1st yr corporate law in sept!!dunno wat to expect...any1 wiv any advice???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

1st year commerce... may god help us all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 westhammer

1st Year Medicine. Hope it wont be too hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭R0C0

Startin 1st year IT next week! Should be a blast!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

2nd IT. The bain of my life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maol1234

:confused::) :cool: hi all
    some wat exasperated und a little confused,this is my fst time using one of these forums and i kinda dont even know what ime replying to right now,so if anyones got any tips could u help me out,oh! also if this is the nuig forum of any kind,ime looking for too rooms in a house but 1 has to be double if anyone could help us out twood be appreciated,oh how rude of me ime a 3rd yr Marine science aswell,so again i say hi!:( sorry i tend to keep going once i start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Watcha

1st Undenominated Eng (too many damn subjects)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 risaphoenix

My name's Meg, Im starting as a first year next fall at NUI Galway. Im from the US so it should be interesting.

I think I'm double majoring in Archaeology/Celtic Civilizations, but im still trying to decide on the other two areas for my first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Who by fire

Going into 4th Civil in September.. Should be good craic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

Names Cian, living in Belgium and am returning to Ireland after living abroad for the past 12 years(England and Belgium) I'm into punk,ska, caffeine and TV. Play bass.
    I'll be moving to Galway in about 4-6 weeks. Probably gonna do History,sociology and politics and law in an Arts degree.
    Sure it'll be great fun. Galway is quite a place

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

singloud wrote:
    Probably gonna do History,sociology and politics in an Arts degree.
    If you end up doing these for your degree, you're in for a relaxed time.

Just finished my B.A. (in History and Soc & Pol), and will hopefully be starting a Masters in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

Nice,I'm arriving in Galway next week, looking forward to starting uni

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TEH REAL CDP

Just finished 3rd Science (Undenominated), heading into 4th yr Biochemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Looks like i'll be going into first year biotech in a couple of weeks. Got the points i needed, 515 when i only need 315 :cool:

All i have to do now is sort out accomm.
    Also i didnt see anyone else doing biotech post here. Is there a reason for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mise19

My name's Meg, Im starting as a first year next fall at NUI Galway. Im from the US so it should be interesting.

I think I'm double majoring in Archaeology/Celtic Civilizations, but im still trying to decide on the other two areas for my first year.

i'm in 1 st year arts
    :)
    thinking of doing celtic civilisations, anyone know if it's any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Doing foundation-year Medicine/Pre-med, whatever ya want to call it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Berdien

Hi there,

1st semester International Erasmus student, originally from The Netherlands (rijksuniversiteit Groningen).
    Major at home is communication, at the NUIG it's basically everything, English, History, Archaeology and Celtic Civilization :)
    Place of residence is Corrib Village :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

mise19 wrote:
    thinking of doing celtic civilisations, anyone know if it's any good?
    It sucks. Boring, long-winded, repetitive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BennyMini

I'm a third year Arts student. At the moment the place is wrecking my head. There's non stop talk of post grad's extra. I do soc&pol and psychological studies. I want to do the higher dip in Psy, just to bide my time before the enlightenment of what to do next strikes!

Enjoy your time. All though it gets stressful it is the best experience of my life.:p

Advertisement