Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Yourself

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Well, I've got a bunch of apathetic, imbeciles running my course so I'm inclined to disagree.

Emm...you in medicine? Hope u dont mean the course is bad :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

cianl1 wrote: »
    2nd Science student here

biochem, chemistry and physiology if anyone's interested

thinking of going for chemistry as the degree

two things:

yes, i am single

and yes, i am a complete gentleman :eek:

Ouch, biochem.....had enough of that in first year! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

first arts with womens studies :) just about to fail deferred xmas exams.... and get results for my semester 2's :) roll on 4pm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Just completed First Arts,doing History and Philosophy next year.Roll on September.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gonein20secs

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i'm 1st year experimental physics. i'm bored....
    to be honest i hated exp. physics but lucky enuf for me i was doing general sci so i move away from that area...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 DaithiS

1st Arts....
    Yup, you guessed it, I'm now an alcoholic :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 siobhanmcgg

Just finished second arts- english and history, more into the clubs and socs than the course most of the tym!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Spanglished

Just finished 2nd Arts, French and Spanish. Heading on Erasmus to Spain in Septmeber, will miss NUIG and all the banter that comes with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

you do french and spanish...do you have 2 erasmus years or do you get a choice between the 2 countries?

Well, I took up Spanish at beginner level when I started first year and had Leaving Cert French. You have a choice which country you want to go to, but you cannot split your Erasmus (i.e spend half a year in France and the other half in Spain).
    So they normally recommend you to go to Spain, that said if you REALLY wanted to go to France they'd let you, no problem.

But the catch is, the French department have a regulation that you need to spend at least 10 weeks in France if you're no doing Erasmus there, so that's during your summer holidays.
    The French department give you no help whatsoever in deciding what to do during those ten weeks. So another girl on my course and I decided to go to Montpellier for the summer and try to get a job, no luck so far, it seems there's a big time recession here too :(
    Although I provisionally booked a French course here before I came, so looks like I might end up doing that! Grr, French department being so unhelpful!:mad:

• Advertisement

thanks
    ah montpellier...spent a few weeks there last year...those crazy guys with the dogs:p
    good laugh though

poisonated wrote: »
    thanks
    ah montpellier...spent a few weeks there last year...those crazy guys with the dogs:p
    good laugh though

Not a bother!
    Ah, the guys with the dogs, mad guys altogether, Montpellier's got plenty of it's quirky characters alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Just finished 2nd Arts, French and Spanish. Heading on Erasmus to Spain in Septmeber, will miss NUIG and all the banter that comes with it!

Me too.

Spanglished: "So another girl on my course..."

Thats me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

The medicine course is largely just fine. There can be a few administrative "quirks" but tbh, they occur in every course.

Most of preclinical medicine is just studying hard anyway. All you need is the library for that. Although attending lectures definitely falls under the category of "a good idea".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Ya that was just me ranting about certain lecturers and individuals in the med faculty and their inability to reply to emails and answer phone calls... although one does get used to it awfully quickly... confronting them in their offices or at the end of lectures frothing at the mouth and with a sharpened pencil in tow generally tends to do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Dia dhaoibh,

Ag súil le Cumarsáid a dhéanamh mí Meán Fómhair seo chugainn amuigh san Acadamh ar an gCeathrú Rua.

Éinne eile ag freastal ar an Acadamh an bliain seo?

-Ronny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 midwife2b?

Hi all!! Midwifery 1st year... also a not-so-mature student

Cant wait to start!! :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Hopefully going to be an NUIG student next month! seeing as i missed law by 20 points looks like ill be just another arts student!! woo!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 paved_paradise

Hopefully going to be an NUIG student next month! seeing as i missed law by 20 points looks like ill be just another arts student!! woo!:rolleyes:
    im for arts 1st choice is general arts in nuig!!:D corrib village. i had booke to share a single en-suite with a mate who wont get in now. so to the unfortunate peron put with me i apologise now xxxx i likey the party scene! and a spot of sophisticated sillyness!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭yayaitsme

starting Arts in september, a bit nervous about it, long time out of school now. hoping to settle into uni life pretty quickly though.

• Advertisement

I hope to do either business information systems or arts.I got 330 so more likely business information systems.Hope to see you all in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Looks like im gonna be a 1st year doin financial maths and economics. Booked corrib village simply because i heard its the place for a session!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cyberbemon

starting IT in sep..:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 xxxnikkixxx

looks like im gna be starting maths and education in septmber.....sooo cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Woo Corporate law dropped loads so thats what i'm doing now!!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

Woo Corporate law dropped loads so thats what i'm doing now!!:rolleyes:

Get ready for many a sleepless night so

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Megdmc

starting Earth and Ocean Science in September and i cant wait, anyone else doing it or science? =D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

startin IT in september and there's no way i'm nerd enough for it!! i wish i was a geek!!! computer whizzes gonna make me feel like a granny- what?? open windows?? but its rainin!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Martinog

cyberbemon wrote: »
    starting IT in sep..:):)
    reap-a-rat wrote: »
    startin IT in september and there's no way i'm nerd enough for it!! i wish i was a geek!!! computer whizzes gonna make me feel like a granny- what?? open windows?? but its rainin!!:D

cu 2 guise there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Martinog wrote: »
    cu 2 guise there :pac:
    what level of computer whizz are ya?? i'm mega worried:eek:!!

Advertisement