Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you marry this player?

Options
  • 22-09-2005 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Bf2 related:Bit Boring
    Does anyone else get this? I know one person did and they posted on the bf2 forum giving away their copy of the game and complaining they should rename it ‘Battlecrack’.

WELL ITS TRUE.

It has pwned my soul. I remember server ip addresses off by heart. Those of you who are only starting out, or just about to buy it, my only advice to you is run!! Run now while you still have a life!!! This game has absorbed all my free time like a great big greedy fabulous sponge. Scccchhhhluuuurp. If I’m not playing, I’m thinking about playing ( they should give you points for this too imo) ( or compensation)
    I have a few problems with this game. Here they are.

EA did not think this through: EA did not think this through. In my opinion, with your purchased copy of BF2 should have come ‘Day Off To Play’ vouchers ( non negotiable).
    I think about 14 or so of these would suffice. Its September. I have no holidays left for the rest of the year. That’s 70 days where I’m not playing all the live long day.
    Then there’s Other Stuff. Like, I have to go home the odd weekend ( one is odd, two is even, three is odd) so that’s another TWO days where I’m not playing BF2. I could calculate this out, but then I wouldn’t be playing BF2.
    So Day Off To Play vouchers would really, really help me out. They must have known this game was addictive, it should have a warning.

I had to buy my own pc: yes yes, my days of freeloading off the other half are over. We both play. My old bothered and bewildered pc wouldn’t be able to handle pong, never mind bf2. And we both want to play at the same time. I’ve won out a good few times so far ( which is why I get frustrated with clan training sometimes - get it together guys, this is coming out of my allocated BF2 time!!!! Arrrrrghhhh) but time is limited and I need to be able to play when I want. So new pc imminent. Yes BOI, sit down, stop cheering and jumping around, I will owe you more money. Under this heading will also come I have To Buy My Own Copy Of The Game- and, as we all know, game stores love selling games to girls. I’ll be lucky if I get out in under half an hour, while they try and sell me Half Life and explain why I need to check the system requirements using small words and hand gestures. I normally cut this short by twirling my hair and saying ‘I don’t know, its for my boyfriend’ and they visibly relax and go ‘Ahhhh. There you go.’ and their world is all back on its axis again.

I Find I’m talking about the game, to people who don’t care about the game: oh boy. This includes my best friend, who thinks I’m immature and should get a life ( i.e spend all my money on drink) my mother ( uh…….I don’t even know what she’s making of it, but she knows its sad enough)
    The only person I haven’t really told about it but who I know WOULD be interested is my dad, the only thing being I just know if I show him what the game is like, he’ll run out and give it a go and the next thing I know I’d be trying to explain why BF2 and 56k Do Not Mix, preceded by a two hour discussion on Why Computer Games Cost So Much, moving on to Why It Looks Better On My PC Compared To Your PC.

I’m Dreaming In BF2: This is one big problem. I didn’t even dream in Half-Life, for heavens sake. But I dream in BF2 maps. Then I wake up and want to play. But I have to go to work instead. I had a fantastic moment the other night. On Daqing Oil Fields. In the American Base, the Chinese wopter appeared on the ground in front of me, guns blazing, as I spawned. So I ran up amid enemy fire to the front of the wopter, planted my c4 and ran off, detonated the c4 and took out the wopter. There were no witnesses. But I got a ‘pld’ from the guy I killed. This was my proudest moment. (Second was when I actually hit something with the laser on the wopter. LaaAAAAaaassserrrrrrrrrr).

Hmm yes, so as much as I complained about aharing a house with Scratchy Foot Woman, Anti-Smoking Woman, The Human Being-Stupid, and Scobie Flatmate from Hell ( who got + X /+ X when his mates called round) they gave me something to talk about. Now, nada. I could talk about something ..em…… oh god yes. Spider Attack Squad.
    The Squad Leader has appeared, and is initiating Operation Get Them At Their Most Vulnerable. He’s staking out the bathroom. I need to go to the loo - he’s above the toilet, dangling precariously. Need to brush my teeth? Above the sink. Need a shower? Up in the corner above my head. I hate him, and the two tactical officers staking out the front door. Spiders - just plain wrong.

By the way kids, I have JUST THIS SECOND discovered where to find the comments on entries. I thought you all didn’t love me anymore. You bastards.

LOL Classic blog.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Did she post pic's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

she could have been playing BF2 instead of writing that he didnt have enough time to play BF2......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

the Chinese wopter appeared on the ground in front of me, guns blazing, as I spawned. So I ran up amid enemy fire to the front of the wopter, planted my c4 and ran off, detonated the c4 and took out the wopter.

Hell i do that all the time, proudest moment pfft :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

needs pics, only fat chicks with pms play fps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yikes.

To explain : I wrote this in work, where I can't play BF2.
    Then I come home and play BF2.

• Advertisement

hmm ok, so maybe not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

hmm ok, so maybe not

Whats wrong with her? :confused:

Marry me. :(

My girlfriend likes to button bash at beat em ups, she loves playing soldier of fortune II but unfortunately lacks a gaming grace. (ratios of about 2/30 all over the shop)

I would love to have a gf that was good at games in general....wow, that would be cool.

i should get out more

That is the worst pic of me ever taken, ever. Why is it always that one that gets found, and not the better one?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

needs pics, only fat chicks with pms play fps

You suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Silverfish wrote:
    That is the worst pic of me ever taken, ever. Why is it always that one that gets found, and not the better one?? :(

link?

Lol sorry for posting it .....not :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Nope AOD. I had a game of BF2 with some rather attractive girls the other day. One was a better player than myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Fuzzy. hope you tried to recruit em :D
    I should be back playin next week sometime :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

You suck.
    and hes surprisingly cheap too, 5 dorrah or so ive heard.

i know plenty of cute girls who like to play computer games, my flat mates girlfriend plays CS shes a hottie.

KdjaC wrote:
    link?

kdjac

Its in the Know your Nerds thread, posted by me with a plea do get rid of the above pic where I'd been drinking for 6 hours.

Silverfish wrote:
    Its in the Know your Nerds thread, posted by me with a plea do get rid of the above pic where I'd been drinking for 6 hours.

You look fine. More then fine to me in fact. I wouldn't worry too much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

You look fine. More then fine to me in fact. I wouldn't worry too much. :)

mobile and silver, up a tree.... :p

Already spoken for, won't be going up any trees with anyone.

madrab wrote:
    mobile and silver, up a tree.... :p

I wonder where that phrase came form. Did cave men live in trees? I dont think so...? I know monkeys do, but.....hmmmm. Why would you say up a tree for a human being?

That phrase has always mystified me....

:o

/that was just in case silverfish is one of those lovely ladies that says "Oh, so I'm just "fine?" Not great, just FINE?? Well, you can go **** yourslef!"

I know many of these bizarre creatures. ;)

So ANYWAY, kinda gettin unusually off topic and wierd for a battlefield forum

I'm also spoken for, but haven't been swinging around any trees lately unfortunately

on topic: i like battlefield

Yeah, battlefield's alright.

• Advertisement

I'm also spoken for, but haven't been swinging around any trees lately unfortunately

on topic: i like battlefield

good save :p

i have tried to get my girlfriend into computer games, & while she likes some (i was quite proud the day she finally figured out how to play dungeon keeper 2, & she has robbed my ds with nintendogs on it!) fps are completely foreign to her, she looked at bf2 and said "can i watch the tv?" :D

Picking up chicks on the Battlefield board, for shame Mobile Infantry.

i tried to teach my gf how to play unreal tournament once, but she couldn't get the hang of not pointing at the ceiling consantly

Bwahahaha....ha?

Anyway. I tried to get my gf into FPS games, and she came over while I was playing an online game of SoF2.....she was pretty bored, but her eyes lit up when she saw the gore. The second she saw someones leg blown off by a shotgun she wanted to play. So I let her play, she's pretty crap, but bless isn't it cute to see a girl like that blowing people to bits?

I dunno about Battlefield 2, she's been liking Unreal Tournament alot recently, but I dunno what it is about some girls, they just treat a mouse like a lump of wood. I can't really begin to imagine BF2, but she'd probably like driving around and such...

Speaking of gore I wish Battlefield 2 had realisitic violence. Wouldn't be so satisfying if you got a head shot, saw the head fly off, blood squirting in the air,body stagger backwards and then collaspe, sof2 style? I mean, not looking for a gore fest, but realistic damage and blood patterns/effects/splashes would be awesome.

yeah it would be nice to see atleast some sort of gore in the game, mainly blood splatter

I'm getting slowly, but surely, more and more offended.

If girls don't play its :sigh: I wish my gf played......or I wish more girls played....

if we do play its :sigh: only fat ugly girls play.....or ..its so cute, like a dog doing tricks.....

Come on to my server and get pwned, you bitches. *

* not, necessarily, by me. By someone with our clan tags anyway. I hope.

I'm with you, Silverfish, but unfortunately it's what happens to every thread like this.

"aww isn't that adorable, they're trying to play games".

Well, since its so rare, its great to see a girl blasting away, successfully or non succesfully, on any type of an FPS game, I find it humourous and yes, cute, to see my gf having fun play one of my pc or xbox games. Whats wrong with that? Sure, I mean I know girls who say omg, it was so cute, I came home and found my boyfriend watching a romantic comedy/cooking/doing something normally associated with women/etc

Its certainly not something to get offended over, and In the entire sof2 1.0 community, I know one girl that plays, doesn't bother me much, but its sure nice to see at least some interaction between the sexes in a pasttime that takes up alot of our male and a minority female playing time.

Whats your server IP? I'll come on later. And if you destroy me, I don't mind, I'm not afraid to say I'm not overly great at the game, but I enjoy it immensely :)

I think I tried to join your server before but it was full....I'll be on from about nine-ish to eleven thirty-ish....

Silverfish wrote:
    I

Come on to my server and get pwned, you bitches. *

* not, necessarily, by me. By someone with our clan tags anyway. I hope.

Arrange match your clan vs sexism american yankee dogs on this thread.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Speaking of gore I wish Battlefield 2 had realisitic violence. Wouldn't be so satisfying if you got a head shot, saw the head fly off, blood squirting in the air,body stagger backwards and then collaspe, sof2 style? I mean, not looking for a gore fest, but realistic damage and blood patterns/effects/splashes would be awesome.

Gore sucks slows down games only in it for kids, i have never met someone over 18 who wanted gore in a game only people under 18 who because of age rating shouldnt be playing games with gore in them.

kdjac

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement