Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hassan gone

• 22-09-2005 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

It seems Mohammed Hassan has been released by the WWE. Apparently it was very civil and friendly, and wwe released him just before he asked for his own release.

Its a pity IMO. I know the character was a little too close to the edge in terms of gimmick, but he was a solid performer and very good on the mic. Big loss to Smackdown, but if his heart wasnt in it, well, he is better off doing other things.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

shame really. he is one of the few characters i actually enjoyed

look what they have now. Robert Conway? Kerwin White?

give me a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Found this on PWInsider.com

As we reported earlier, WWE announced the release of Marc "Muhammad Hassan" Copani today. There had been rumblings among some WWE wrestlers this past weekend that the release was coming or already made. Since being taken off WWE TV due to controversy, Copani had moved to L.A. to attempt to pursue an acting career. Many felt it was only a matter of time before he was dropped since the feeling was WWE couldn't bring him back due to the uproar over the Hassan character. Copani, looking to pursue an acting career, had privately discussed requesting a release, although it's not official that he actually approached WWE management about one. It seems this move was WWE just pulling the trigger on the professional side of their relationship before Copani did, which seemed inevitable.

One WWE source noted Copani wasn't the most well liked performer backstage. There was a feeling among some that he was only using WWE and pro wrestling as a stepping stone to other things. There was also some bitterness over Hassan turning down a lot of character ideas towards the end of his run. Copani also turned down a request from WWE officials to go back to OVW to brush up his in-ring skills. So a lot of other little things could have contributed to the decision to finally let Copani go.

For those wondering what happens now to Daivari, he debuted in OVW last week during the TV tapings as Sheik Daivari. He is thought of as a strong performer and is well liked, so the feeling is he'll be brought back at some point when the right situation arises.

I think it is a shame he is gone, but he could be back in the WWE again some day hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I didn't think much of him ring wise but I did like his personality alot. The gimmick was way too edgy and due to that I'm not really surprised they let him go.

They could have turned his gimmick into a golfers gimmick though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I also enjoyed the character at times, but if what is said in the above article about him not really caring about a long term future in wrestling and turning his nose up at storylines, then he's not very different to the likes of Lesnar and Goldberg who were constantly criticized for their lack of passion and being uncooperative. I say good riddance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

I've noticed a few jabs at the Kerwin White character and I agree with them all. Apparently so does Chavo (Kerwin White) as he desperately tried to come up with alternative gimmicks to avoid this one but Vince's mind was made up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement