Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to join the gym?

Options
  • 22-09-2005 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

As per the title really...

The cheapest I have found is €170, even returning members don't get a discount.

I think the Trampoline members managed to swing it for €120 last year, what about this year?

Any heads up on special offers?

Regards,

kas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

my friend said last year crunch gave membership for 1 yoyo:eek: just 1 day. he cannot remeber which day it was they might do it again this year. i wouldnot mind joining. if i find out i will post it up here.good luck with the membership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kas

€1, wow!

But I can't see (from my miniscule marketing experience) how that would make sense. It would just serve to piss off the €170 people and cause potential members (who missed the promo) to wait in hope of similar.

€170 is actually very reasonable and I have no problem ponying up the cash but I'd rather not pay more than I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

join any sports club and its E160

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

yeah I got a text last night saying that since im in a club I can join for 160 euro when I show the text - only my oh so reliable phone deleted the message on me automatically...

I got that text too, although they called me Paul. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

One thing is for certain: now is the time to do it! Gym membership gets quite a bit more expensive as the year goes on.

I just found out you get the 30 euro discount if you join the B&L society as well...so I guess that would be the cheapest way to join at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Yeah, but be careful with the B&L - the tangoed look is infectious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

ghostchant wrote:
    I just found out you get the 30 euro discount if you join the B&L society as well...so I guess that would be the cheapest way to join at the moment :)

thats the same discount all the sports clubs have. E30 off 190 euro.....or as i originally said ..... E160

padser wrote:
    thats the same discount all the sports clubs have. E30 off 190 euro.....or as i originally said ..... E160

yeah but it's only 2 euro to join B&L, and its normally around 10 euro to join a club, but I guess thats only important if you're only joining the club/soc for the gym discount

• Advertisement
Advertisement