Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fahrenheit questions

Options
  • 22-09-2005 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Just got it today and am REALLY enjoying it. Its more an interactive movie than a game really.

Im having problems with the sound though, every so often I get a noise repeating itself constantly until a cutscene happens and then it stops. The noise that is repeating sounds kinda like static. Any ideas as to how to fix this ?

Also, im finding the controls a little fiddly. Would yea reccomend I use a controller or stick to keyboard/mouse ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

Read a good review of this and played the demo the other day. Was well impressed and am going to buy the full version next chance I get.

I was really immersed in the story from the start. Reminded me of the old Blade Runner game but in 3D. Plus the setting is very Max Payne - a snowy winters night in NYC.

I found the controls a little fiddly too, had a hard time getting the character to move in the direction I wanted. I read elsewhere that a controller makes it easier. This game is on XBox and PS2 as well I think, so it's interface is probably designed primarily for those platforms.

No idea what that sound problem could be Tusky.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm using KB/Mouse. Arrow keys to rotate, hold both mouse buttons to move forward. Takes a bit of getting used to, but I think its OK. Plus its easier tapping left-right-left-right arrows for minigames....

Great game, though. Sorry, no idea about your sound issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hmmm have they cut out all the sex scenes ? A few times now I thoguht it was going to go into one and it just cuts away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I find the game to be total crap tbh and wouldnt recommend it to anyone.Its nothing but an interactive movie with a stupid control system "GET READY! press UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT" fu*ck sake i spent 50 euro on this crap.

Oh well back to eve online and waiting for black and white 2

bizmark wrote:
    I find the game to be total crap tbh and wouldnt recommend it to anyone.Its nothing but an interactive movie with a stupid control system "GET READY! press UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT" fu*ck sake i spent 50 euro on this crap.

Oh well back to eve online and waiting for black and white 2

It really is just an interactive movie...good storyline though.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote:
    Hmmm have they cut out all the sex scenes ? A few times now I thoguht it was going to go into one and it just cuts away.

really? feck, I knew they censored it in the states but read it wasn't here. Poxy, I wanna see polygonal boobies! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Tusky wrote:

Nope there in the version if its called fahrenheit (only ripped from indigo prohicies or whatever its called in US), have only got one so far
    twas when his ex comes to pick up her stuff, get her a drink, play some tunes and move in :P

I'm really liking it although its just interactive type movie, story has me trying to find out whats gonna happen next (though some of those mini games are just crazily hard, though look cool if your not the one whos playing!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

finished it
    its just the same 2 mini games and a hide and sneak game
    the games do not get harder as you progresses, so its simple to finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I Dont like it, have it on xbox are controls are still terrible.

Nope there in the version if its called fahrenheit (only ripped from indigo prohicies or whatever its called in US), have only got one so far
    twas when his ex comes to pick up her stuff, get her a drink, play some tunes and move in :P

I'm really liking it although its just interactive type movie, story has me trying to find out whats gonna happen next (though some of those mini games are just crazily hard, though look cool if your not the one whos playing!!)

Ah feck! I moved in but she left :(

You know the cops aniversary ? well..
    surely there should have been some nookie there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Thought it was quite good. The game play was orginal enough or at least orginal to me. Graphics where good not great. Voice acting was generally very good as is the story one or two minor complaints. Was not particuarly hard either but overall quite good. For the amount of content though perhaps €50 was abit steep...but then again alot of games fall into that catagory.

Was in dublin city centre earlier this afternoon and couldn't find a copy of Fahrenheit. The guy in Game on Dawson st said it was sold-out. Not a case of high demand, just a supply shortage. Went to HMV and it wasn't there either.

Wasn't arsed walking to Henry st.

Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's not main stream enough to ship in huge amounts, they prolly only got a handfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I got some odd looks playing the sexor bit in a public net cafe (complete with relevant mouse actions :eek: )

Advertisement